Bruce's Journal

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
No stock tanks. The heat would cook whatever was planted in them. If I was going for raised beds, they would be cinder blocks with caps. I don't want raised beds.

Stock tanks may actually be possible Bay. Sweet Miss Daisy over on TEG gardened in them when she lived in TX.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The tractor dealer service guy called yesterday. They have ordered the parts - bolts, rim and the plate the bolts go into because the threads are messed up. But since this isn't common and has happened to me twice on the same wheel, no problem with the others, he is taking pictures of that part to send to Mahindra to see if it is something they know about and regardless of that, would they cover it under warranty. That would be very nice :D I have to admit to not checking the torque as often as I should so the damage COULD be due to my negligence. Since it is only that one wheel maybe there was something wrong with that part from the start.

He said they had another customer some time back that kept having problems with a front wheel, after several fixes Mahindra covered it.

I also asked if it was common to have nothing but bolts and flat washers holding tractor tires on and he said yes. Though back when they were selling Massey Ferguson there were SOME models that also had lock washers rather than just flat. He had no idea why it was only on some models.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It does sound like it is something that is not right from the factory. So, even if they will go halves with you that is better than nothing, but the fact that it is the same wheel, and that you are having the dealer do it, that adds more credence to anything they can claim under warranty. So, here's hoping it will be covered. and that it won't take too terribly long to get the parts and fixed and back to you.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It can't be all your fault. Keep after the warranty, it sounds like it should be covered. Hope you get your tractor back soon!

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope the wheel and hub repair is covered under warranty. I hope even more so that they can get it back to you soon so that you can get done all the things you were planning. I seem to recall that you had a load of gravel delivered that you wanted to spread, and you had some firewood that you wanted to move and process. I know how it feels to be without a tractor when you've got work that needs doing. :he

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can commiserate with you Bruce. Sort of...
I was cleaning pens last evening and my two wheeled wheelbarrow felt floppy. I flipped it over and 3 of the bolts holding the wheels on were near to backing off., and the clip thingy that holds the wheel in place on the axle was missing. It could have been an ugly accident if I'd lost a wheel with a full load of manure! 🤣

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Al happened by on his way back from delivering hay (to see when I wanted the cord of wood) just as we finished the 5K "Egg Run". He's had tractors forever. Never had a wheel bolt come loose, never checks them. No lock washers or lock nuts on the Massey he was using.

I don't know WHY it is called an Egg Run, no eggs (and in our case no running) involved. It is a fund raiser for the town's dept of Parks and Rec, funds this year going to the Community Center refurb. The halfway point was a tree across the road from our house. My sister-in-law has been visiting for 3 weeks now. She goes out every morning for a 6 - 10 mile walk/run. She saw the sign on the tree last week and decided we should do it. She actually did it last week but DW works 6 days a week. She's on vacation for 2 weeks starting today so SIL goaded us into "participating", even managed to get DD2 out for it. Now to submit the pictures of the midpoint and start posters with my watch in them to prove we did it. We did the "average adult walking pace" of 3 MPH. I assume they won't mind that we started and finished at the midpoint. Then we can get our T-shirts.

Latest posts