Bruce's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finished up the cedar in the little closet, made, urethaned and installed shoe molding, installed the shelves. Now DW can fill them with sweaters or whatever. Fitting the 1/4" T&G cedar in the ceiling, the top 2 back wall and top side wall boards around the joist (debarked log flattened on the top) wasn't all that much fun.
DSCN1924.JPG DSCN1925.JPG

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks. I have a ton of stuff to do, mostly door and window trim. Too much to do outside in the summer and too cold out in the barn in the winter. Next project is tile in the entryway/mudroom (it is only 6.5' x 9.5') but that will have to wait until DD1 goes back to school in early January, she is arriving home in a few hours. Can't be running power tools in the house when she is around.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seems like there are problems in the dorms, wasn't an issue last semester (her first) and with the food service. Apparently the lady that runs the place (contracted out by the school) is retiring about the time school starts back up in January. She's taken good care of DD and all the other people with dietary restrictions. DD is a bit concerned that the next most senior person will get the job and he's proven to be less than adequate in that regard. Hopefully one of the other 2 candidates for the job will get it. She and 3 friends are renting a furnished 4 bedroom house starting May 1 so those issues will go away.

What kind of tile are you using?
Um, specifically?? Something from an Italian company called Isla based on the box, approx 7 3/4" x 15 3/4". It is not a repeating patterned so no issue trying the follow the "plan". It is basically gray and white with a somewhat rough surface for "non slip". I need to rent a water saw to cut it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
When our daughter was in college, she got in a dorm that had a kitchen in it. She did NOT like the food plan crap they made us pay for. So she told the other kids that if they bought the food, she would cook it--and help them eat it. Since those kids didn't know much about the real world and could not cook anything past a bowl of cereal, she ate very well.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
approx 7 3/4" x 15 3/4". It is not a repeating patterned so no issue trying the follow the "plan". It is basically gray and white with a somewhat rough surface for "non slip".

That's a big tile, should look real nice. Sorry for the nosy question, I see a lot of tile, and hear about every step of my husbands work days. Back before we had kids I would work with him as a gofer if I was free. Actually I guess I was always "free" haha.
Now and then he'd buy me a candy bar. :highfive: