Bruce's Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good to know it was only an application thing. A friend of DS sent a title in to do a transfer thing and in 3 months it has never turned up.... been a PITA for them. That is why I refused to send mine and decided to just wait on the appt. Everything is so screwed up anymore and DMV is ridiculous.
There will never be a "back to normal" for many of these places I'm afraid.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a passport and a passport card so I was thinking I could save money by getting a driver's privilege card like DW did last time she renewed but there wasn't an option. I guess because I already had a Real ID license. I guess her prior license wasn't Real ID.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
:gig
And no one at the PO noticed that the address was wrong? How long was it sitting in the wrong box? Why didn't the owner of that box give it back to the clerk? How big is this town you live in? DW would have caught that and put it in your box.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
:gig
And no one at the PO noticed that the address was wrong? How long was it sitting in the wrong box? Why didn't the owner of that box give it back to the clerk? How big is this town you live in? DW would have caught that and put it in your box.
Population 6,011. Two numbers were transposed. I guess the overworked drivers license workers didn't look at the actual drivers license to check the address. LOL LOL

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got my driver's license last week. All washed out, almost black and white. Apparently they are all like that now even though it is the same picture as my prior license which was bright and in color. The check for the car registration was cashed 3 days ago so hopefully I'll get the paperwork soon. Also hopefully no cops will notice the expired registration when I do the 425 mile round trip to MA tomorrow.

Yet another night and day of 40+ MPH winds .... and

DSCN2238.JPG

It was still standing when I left at 9 AM but clearly in bad shape. I figured I'd take it down when I got from my morning appointment and shopping. The wind didn't wait. All but one of the vertical pipes is broken at some place, also a couple of the "rafter" pieces. Not sure if there is enough to rescue and maybe make something connected to the old deck piece behind the little barn (which you probably don't recall, looks like this):
DSCN2054.JPG

I really don't want the backhoe out in the weather. For the moment I've got a couple of tarp pieces covering the hydraulic cylinders since they are all extended.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those winds were certainly rough. I'm glad you mostly made it through without damage. I amused myself during it by watching a gallon bell chicken waterer get blown across the yard over those two or so days. So low profile, so traveling on its own. Very heavy wind (we only lost a little door trim as far as I can tell).

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Copied from Mike's journal

Many tiny fish in the pond, I've seen no adults but there must be some or there wouldn't be babies.

I need to mow the boys' pasture, they like the new grass best so of course they ignore the taller stuff and the plants they don't like. Something wrong with having to mow a pasture that has animals on it! But the neighbors have 3 horses and 2 alpacas in a similar size area and they just mowed recently so I guess it isn't terribly unusual.

Some peas, radishes and lettuce are up, need to plant the 2 tomatoes and the basil since it shouldn't go below freezing until fall. I have 2 artichokes to plant, need to replace the 2 I managed to kill. Plus plant bean, cuke and squash seeds.

I've been working on a poor man's logging winch. I don't do enough to justify an expensive 3 point PTO version. I bought a 4,500 pound ATV winch with wireless remote and am attaching it to a steel plate that will sit on the pallet forks. The plate will be tethered back to the tractor frame so there won't be any stress on the loader. The winch only has 35' of cable so there will be multiple pulls and resets but that is still better than getting on and off the tractor for each pull and moving the tractor some distance forward then back while not running over the rope.

I also bought a skidding cone so the logs should not dig in and get stuck while coming out of the woods. You can probably just power them out with a 12,000 pound PTO winch.

Latest posts