Bruce's Journal

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's a good mix of breeds and colors. Eye candy!

I want Jubilee Orpingtons, just because they are so darn pretty. But until I build a real coop, walk in permanent coop, I am holding off. I must have fever........

The Jubilee's are gorgeous! I want jubilee, blue laced red wyndotte, isabel Orph. lavender marans, and EE for my eye candy/rainbow egg flock. They will get a permanent coop in the backyard so I can sit on the deck or in my back living room and look at them.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The girls have moved with “mom” from their first night in the community nest box
E6F28308-9E98-4AE5-A16A-B4ACBAE34F36.jpeg

to the brooder area on the coop.
I'll have to take a picture of that, seems I took a video with the phone instead of a picture.

Last edited:

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've been picking the chicks up and talking to them.
When I first read this, Mr. Bruce, I thought, "Dang! Does your DW know you're picking up chicks?" Aggie I/Q getting in the way.

Plus, MAYBE there will be situations when I can connect the shackle to only one "ear" and remove the cable from the pulley manually without having to disconnect anything.
I have snatch block pulleys like that. I have never used them so I cannot testify how well they work. But I would think by having only the bottom ear bound to a tree and the other ear free to pivot, you could pull and have the cable disconnect once it reached the block.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Curiously these chicks were pretty chill. They were peeping away during the car ride (about 15 minutes) but it wasn't the distress peep. I have heard that one and man it would drive a person nuts listening to it all day.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The Jubilee's are gorgeous! I want jubilee, blue laced red wyndotte, isabel Orph. lavender marans, and EE for my eye candy/rainbow egg flock. They will get a permanent coop in the backyard so I can sit on the deck or in my back living room and look at them.
Isabel orps? I have to look those up. I had some gorgeous Blue Laced Red Wyandotte’s before we moved. Had a couple of the sports too, I thought they were even prettier. Big healthy chickens, they came from a breeder. I gave them away when we moved.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just came back from closing up the barn. On the way there I heard some rustling in the weeds next to it, saw a flash of white. Thought maybe one of the white rocks hadn't gone in the barn yet but clearly that was not the case. It is a very young skunk. Oh joy. Put out the Havahart with some chicken feed though I have no idea if it will care to eat that. I don't really need a skunk out in the chicken and alpaca area.