Bruce's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
No older than the rest of us!!!
STA, it could work with Checkers, he's already black and white. Might be harder with Rascal, she's grey and Christofur would be pretty difficult, he's orange.
:barnie There are at least FIVE of them!!!!!!
Yes I know, that are only 4 pictured.
They were in front of the big barn this evening, north end of the house. Saw one go into the drive bay and another go into the tractor area.
DSCN2249.JPGDSCN2248.JPGDSCN2247.JPG

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bruce if you get the skunk in the trap, cover it with a old blanket or open the trap door so it can go into a burlap bag or old pillow case...my dad did that many times and never had a skunk spray..and he moved lots of sk,unks while being a animal control officer in his later years, ( in the back seat of his car or truck)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Would I be considered old if I remember watching that episode on TV? :old
Me too! But I'm not old, I just had my share of birthdays. My 5 year old granddaughter asked me once, "What's that on your FACE?"
I replied, "That's a wrinkle, you get a birthday, you get a wrinkle."
Long silence, then she said, "I don't want anymore birthdays."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
If there are 5 then you have a family from last year that is grown up. Sorry to say that they will become a major problem... and keep breeding....
This must be a new family since they are all quite small. But yeah I'm really concerned we'll become a skunk breeding ground haven.

The full striped one in the second picture above was out this morning when I went to do some stuff. It is pretty cute but that is kind of how most young animals are. I guess it instinctively knows that not much will mess with a skunk, it wasn't afraid of me being there at all.

Speaking of doing stuff, my PLAN was to empty out the dump cart (which I've not used since last summer) in the little barn then move the small amount of cordwood in the barn to the porch. Following that I planned to fill it up with logging hardware and stage it out at the edge of the woods near the close downed tree for (hopefully soon) use in removing said tree in pieces with my fancy dancy poor man's logging winch.

Got the wood moved and drove over to the big barn, noticed the right tire wasn't tight on the rim. I got out the air pump, put air in it, the other tire and the garden tractor tires. Yeah I probably should have checked the air pressure BEFORE moving the wood given how long it has been since I used the cart. By the time I finished all the other tires the "bad" one was going flat again. So I've got it off the rim (tire says tubeless, tube inside suggests otherwise) and now I need to go to TSC to get a new tire. The sidewalls have a fair bit of cracking even though the cart has never lived out in the sun. I might decide to get 2 tires since the other one is the same age.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well the trip to TSC was a bust. They had a tire but I would have to also buy a tube or a "tubeless" valve which may or may not fit the hole in my cart's rim. So I decided to just buy a tire on a rim, plug and play not fighting to get the tire on the rim. Brought the new tire home .... the axle on the cart is larger than the hole in the rim. I had ASSUMED there would be a single standard size. So I made an Ass not of you but of me. Now I have to take it back and get a tire and tube. The difference between that and a tire on a rim comes to about $25.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Two positives today.

Took the tire and rim back to TSC, got a tire and a 2 pack of tubeless tire valves. Assuming the pressure holds overnight the cart is fixed.

Took the bent pipes from the portable car shed thing to Harbor Freight and got credit for it. Turns out that against my usual habits I had purchased an extended warranty.

Latest posts