BYC is updating, please chat here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
How many Staff Members are working on it? Just curious. I love learning about BYC history and behind-the-scenes work.

Right now Matt (the MAN when it comes to hardware and software) is doing the bulk of the work. @CarpCharacin and I are also online live getting things ready now and then will be doing more after the actual conversion to check and tweak / setup things (well, mostly @CarpCharacin because he's got a MUCH better brain and skill for this stuff than I do).

We also have a bunch of contractors that help out with other aspects of the conversion and site. For example, a guy that is BRILLIANT when it comes to design / graphics. He did the style / theme of the site from the past 2.5 years and also did the style / theme for the conversion.

... but of course there are the BYC moderators, PFMs, and other volunteers that do a TON of work in preparation for and assistance after the update.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, backups are done!

(it's actually a slightly "faster" process because we do them daily, and they are incremental, so we don't have to backup the entire site each day... just the changes)

... the actual UPDATE of the data has begun!!!

:fl

WildBird

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Right now Matt (the MAN when it comes to hardware and software) is doing the bulk of the work. @CarpCharacin and I are also online live getting things ready now and then will be doing more after the actual conversion to check and tweak / setup things (well, mostly @CarpCharacin because he's got a MUCH better brain and skill for this stuff than I do).

We also have a bunch of contractors that help out with other aspects of the conversion and site. For example, a guy that is BRILLIANT when it comes to design / graphics. He did the style / theme of the site from the past 2.5 years and also did the style / theme for the conversion.

... but of course there are the BYC moderators, PFMs, and other volunteers that do a TON of work in preparation for and assistance after the update.
Interesting! Thanks for doing all that work for us!

kdogg331

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Super excited for this! Although I went to check it one last time a few moments before 1 (forgot to before, watching TV :lol:)and it closed early :hit totally understandable though... you guys are crazy staying up so late!! :ep :th Maybe tomorrow it will be ready!? :pop We get real emojis!? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.