C&D Farming..oh what a life!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok first o would freeze to death the first day of winter up there. We got to 25 this morning and I refused to go outside till it warmed up. Second i love pigs between pigs, goats and cows i love their happy little far faces lol i have issues.
Yes you do have issues,....wonderful ones :love.......nonthing wrong with fat ,happy animal faces :hugs...I love them too !

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce , I’d like 4doors on the truck for when I get groceries, plus, we have two dogs that go 3verywhere with us. They don’t need to sit in the front, because, I foresee this truck being used to go to TS with the 4 of us. I’ll have to see, if I can’t find a smaller 4door, then I migh5 cave...or, just learn to drive a bigger truck!! :). The only real issue I would have would be parallel parking. I’m actually great at that!! Better than Chris and I love to tease him! :). But, the bigger the vehicle, the harder to maneuver into small spots. I’ve had big SUVs in the past and loved them. Not near as big as a truck, but, I’m just saying I could get the feel for it fast. So, we’ll see. It’s hard to test drive our trucks because one has a dump bed, one has a plow, one has a cab, one has an extra long bed and a cab...the two farm trucks are perfect size, but batteries just need a jump. All the other trucks are classic trucks.... hmmm, doubt he wants me practicing on those!! :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce , I’d like 4doors on the truck for when I get groceries, plus, we have two dogs that go 3verywhere with us. They don’t need to sit in the front, because, I foresee this truck being used to go to TS with the 4 of us. I’ll have to see, if I can’t find a smaller 4door, then I migh5 cave...or, just learn to drive a bigger truck!! :). The only real issue I would have would be parallel parking. I’m actually great at that!! Better than Chris and I love to tease him! :). But, the bigger the vehicle, the harder to maneuver into small spots. I’ve had big SUVs in the past and loved them. Not near as big as a truck, but, I’m just saying I could get the feel for it fast. So, we’ll see. It’s hard to test drive our trucks because one has a dump bed, one has a plow, one has a cab, one has an extra long bed and a cab...the two farm trucks are perfect size, but batteries just need a jump. All the other trucks are classic trucks.... hmmm, doubt he wants me practicing on those!! :lol:
Drive it like you stole it! :gigMy favorite truck I had was a 1998 Chevy 4 door, long wheel base 1 ton. I loved that truck. Now we have a 4 door 2004 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel, I bought it for BJ when I worked for a Ford dealership, selling cars. He loves his truck. If you can drive a big SUV, you can drive a truck, it's not that hard. Just practice until you feel confident.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Drive it like you stole it! :gigMy favorite truck I had was a 1998 Chevy 4 door, long wheel base 1 ton. I loved that truck. Now we have a 4 door 2004 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel, I bought it for BJ when I worked for a Ford dealership, selling cars. He loves his truck. If you can drive a big SUV, you can drive a truck, it's not that hard. Just practice until you feel confident.
You’re a riot!! I’m the girl who drives 45 mph no matter where I am...I’m getting better, but I am super cautious, and I get teased by everyone. My Dad says I make people share on the way to church!! :lol:

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Didn’t accomplish much today, other than chores and playing with the kids. Just too darned miserable and i think my hubby has the blues. :(. It got nice for about four days and he was sooo excited, even though he knew it wouldn’t last, he was hoping? Now she’s run down and tired. Ugh. Oh well, I’m letting him be. Today I trimmed my goat kids’ hooves. You wouldn’t they’d really need it at only 5weeks old, but they did! The one Pygmy is just like her mom, hoove issues already! But I’m going to stay on top of it so I can keep from getting bad like her mom was when she came here. They all did great! It was more about getting them used to the action of the clippers on their hooves, learning it doesn’t hurt. A few cries, but I hugged them all up after and in minutes everyone was jumping all over me again. :). Willy, my biggest buckling, is getting pretty big! Maybe 20 lbs? He insists on climbing on top of my head...many times a day. Of course I love it..but when he’s 50 lbs and stinky, I might not love it.. :lol: I need help convincing Chris that we can’t sell Walter. His point is that we don’t need two bucks. Fine, I’d rather wether him anyways! He feels we don’t need a wether. But, my Willy will get lonely being tied up, as the girls place all over the pasture. And being kept in a separate stall? If we keep Walter, they can be together!! Really, one goat is not going to cost much once I’m already buy8ng for 9 goats. He’s my baby..I do not want to sell him. I’ll be fine with sellling piglets. Although I do think w should get a new boar, ours has a few issues that require surgery, and even once fixed, he shouldn’t be bred. The Richards said it would be fine supine most people buy these mini pigs as pets, not to breed. His condition could be hereditary. He has what’s called a , excuse my language...’piss pocket’. His urine and stern are being collected in a sac below his dinger. Chris has to express itout. It relieves him! But it’s soooo funny! If it’s just a tendon slip, they fix it and he’s better. If its hereditary, he could need assistance getting females pregnant because sometimes the dinger goes out like a U shape. That trait could be passed on. A lot to think about. I talked to the V’s with all the pigs...they’ve dealt with it a ton. They either fix the boar or eat him. Chris doesn’t want to hear anything about this and is in denial. I think he makes this stuff up...ughh! Still no piglets, or new bunnies. Her box isn’t supposed to go in until the third, but she was having such a fit at the cage wire, I though she was going to burst! Guess not? Watching Paris’ bottom for Discharge....nothing yet. So, still waiting! Looked up a bunch of truckstoday. All the good ones were too much money...surprised? So, my son gave me a list of small four door trucks to look for. I made up my own ad, stating that am looking for those trucks! There’s a really nice truck in this town, price $5,000 too high. I said we should go see it and offer 3,000 less than what he’s asking. Chris said no, it’d be a waste of time. Ugh

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
These mini pigs sound terribly inbred. Piss pocket? U hooked dinger? You say your mentors dealt with that all the time and either fixed the problem or ate him and that took care of the problem. I hope you can practice sound breeding and maybe not have to deal with that. For someone to sell you a pissy boar with a known genetic defect doesn't speak well of them. They need an old fashioned peach switch whipping.

Latest posts