Callie Pups!New homes & Teaching Moments

Do you think DNA will show any Toli/Pyr crosses?

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard one, but that would be GREAT news to hear as so far, all the folks I've "met" on this thread seem like they'd be superb owners.

Southern is a super nice and very knowledgeable lady! So glad I got to know her a little, got to meet her, and got the honor of being able to/getting to; raise one of her LGD pups! This boy is going to be a beast! He already sounds like a pony when he "gallops" through the house :clap

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven't heard one, but that would be GREAT news to hear as so far, all the folks I've "met" on this thread seem like they'd be superb owners.

Southern is a super nice and very knowledgeable lady! So glad I got to know her a little, got to meet her, and got the honor of being able to/getting to; raise one of her LGD pups! This boy is going to be a beast! He already sounds like a pony when he "gallops" through the house :clap
Lol! These dogs can get quite big I think! People think my dog is huge, but it's funny, I don't think he's that big! :D I think it's cause I'm around him all the time! :lol:
It would be an honor to meet Southern someday! :) Glad you were able to! It's neat to read about members having gone to visit fellow BYH-ers! :)

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol! These dogs can get quite big I think! People think my dog is huge, but it's funny, I don't think he's that big! :D I think it's cause I'm around him all the time! :lol:
It would be an honor to meet Southern someday! :) Glad you were able to! It's neat to read about members having gone to visit fellow BYH-ers! :)
We have 2 six month old Maremma pups (brother and sister). Violet was 58 pounds at the Vet a month ago. We didn't get Deo weighed, since we already knew he was in the 51-100 pound range for HeartGard. But, I think HE is around 75 pounds. They look like 2 polar bears. :lol: I can't wait to see how big they end up! :celebrate

Yes, I would love to meet Southern. I might get to some day, since my son lives in the same state (less than an hour away). Meeting BYH-ers is SO cool! I met @animalmom and @Baymule. It was awesome and I would love to meet the rest of the BYH Texas Contingent. :gig

I almost met @MsDeb when I went to pick up our puppies. But, there was an ice storm and the roads weren't safe. DRAT! I was SO disappointed!

Last edited:

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have 2 six month old Maremma pups (brother and sister). Violet was 58 pounds at the Vet a month ago. We didn't get Deo weighed, since we already knew he was in the 51-100 pound range for HeartGard. But, I think HE is around 75 pounds. They look like 2 polar bears. :lol: I can't wait to see how big they end up! :celebrate

Yes, I would love to meet Southern. I might get to some day, since my son lives in the same state (less than an hour away). Meeting BYH-ers is SO cool! I met @animalmom and @Baymule. It was awesome and I would love to meet the rest of the BYH Texas Contingent. :gig

I almost met @MsDeb when I went to pick up our puppies. But, there was an ice storm and the roads weren't safe. DRAT! I was SO disappointed!
Aww! So cool!! Guessing those are the pups in your avatar? Would love to see some more pictures of them! :)
Oh cool! That's so neat that you've been able to meet some of our fellow BYH-ers! I've not met any yet, but I've only been here a short while too. :)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Green & Sammie are on their new farm. They kinda got a ready to go farm so to speak. Our pet Nigies, 2years, 1 year and 2 8 week old kids and the lamancha/kiko doeling made it safely with the pups to their new home. They will live a life of luxury and be spoiled forever!
Wonderful people! They visited quite a few times and have been very involved with our process of how we place pups.
Blue and Sammie loved each other and played endlessly but both were patrollers and would end up being double trouble. ;)
I selected Green (which is my LilD to the T) to go with Sammie. They are complementary with their traits. He keeps her under check.
Sammie's confidence comes from her field. Green is arrogant, and a positive dominant.

We segregated them from the other pups and put them with their new herd exclusively prior to their leaving. Here they are in their new home.
Pics used by permission.

Green.
20150503_154002_resized.jpg

Sammie and goats
20150503_154600_resized.jpg

Green
20150503_160829_resized.jpg

Sammie and Green
20150503_160922_resized.jpg

Sammie always playful. She loves Green!
20150506_091859_resized.jpg

20150506_091948_resized.jpg

Silly puppies. Sharing a stick. Can you see D in him?
20150506_092102_resized.jpg

Green gosh he looks like D
20150506_092343_resized.jpg

Green and Sammie doing what she likes best... eating goat poop. LOL
20150506_092427_resized.jpg

The other pups that are here are really growing into their roles.
Had to go out tonight to check a gate and there was lots of barking activity in one of the fields. Went out with a flashlight and within seconds had pups running and hitting the fence and barking before I even made it to the gate. Very impressive for such young pups. Every week they seem to advance by leaps and bounds.
Wish I could video in the dark. ;)

My camera is broken but DH got me a new phone so hoping to get some updated pics. :)

Got to see Toby, Leo , and Mattie at their farm the other day.
WOW! Leo is gigantic! Tall, long and huge. Looks just like Callie but with that male influence. He is doing great with his goats.
Mattie is in with Toby. She has grown so much taller it is crazy! She is doing fantastic. Toby and her get along great. She too respects the goats.

Mattie and Leo get some time together, she loves Leo... but she can wear him out! She has some moxy! I love her!

@babsbag sent me some really great girls! They are wonderful. I wish I had one for myself. LOL Such wonderful homes! We are both so pleased that the dogs are appreciated by their new owners.
I think every breeder hopes the new owner gets to really see what an awesome dog they have and appreciates that animal.