Canesisters 2024 journal

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Working nights -- worse part, getting used to it. 🙄 Takes a shift in body but, some people prefer it 🤷 and days off, you still need to make yourself use that schedule or it's hard to acclimate.

For some it's easier than others. If you need to do something on you day off, you can see a "smaller" window of daytime to do....

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fantastic first day. 😁
Everyone I met was friendly & helpful. I asked a ton of questions & eventually even got to actually DO some stuff.😁
My back is tired. My feet are KILLING me - Epsom salt soak coming up soon. Looking forward to tomorrow.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Take it from a former waitress and someone on my feet alot ON CONCRETE... as soon as you can swing it, get yourself the best pair of sneakers/nurses type shoes... and if you have arch problems, get fitted for a custom pair of inserts with arches... they cost,.... but they are invaluable for supporting your back and all in the long run. I got new ones from my chiropractor... he sends the feet impressions off... cost about $80-90 each pair... I get 2 pair... and it takes a little time to get used to them because they do change your posture/stance... but they are sooo helpful once you get used to them...

You sound SOOOOO much more positive for a first day... I am so glad for you...

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
1710876423059.gif

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Take it from a former waitress and someone on my feet alot ON CONCRETE... as soon as you can swing it, get yourself the best pair of sneakers/nurses type shoes... and if you have arch problems, get fitted for a custom pair of inserts with arches... they cost,.... but they are invaluable for supporting your back and all in the long run. I got new ones from my chiropractor... he sends the feet impressions off... cost about $80-90 each pair... I get 2 pair... and it takes a little time to get used to them because they do change your posture/stance... but they are sooo helpful once you get used to them...

You sound SOOOOO much more positive for a first day... I am so glad for you...
Steel toe boots I'm afraid. 🫤
I still had the last pair that I was wearing when I left the dump + a brand new pair that I had forgotten I had ordered! Bought some good insoles & nice choshie soft socks before starting. 1st day in 'new' boots that had been worn around the yard for 4 days...still ouch. 2nd & 3rd day in my old, worn out ones. I'll get used to it again. And once I'm assigned to crew I won't feel the pressure to be busy ALL THE TIME. The guys on the crews that I've worked with so far spend a lot of time sitting. As the newbie & having come in with 'no manufacturing experience' I feel like I need to prove that I'm not a whimpy desk jockey. (But I AM! 😭)
I get tested Friday to prove that I've learned the first module (safety, plant map, policies, etc). THEN I can start actually learning to use cool tools & stuff. 😃