Can't find cages! Help! Lacey, WA

trcarlton

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
OK, I'm starting my venture into raising pet/meat rabbits. I have been scouring craigslist for cages, with no luck. I need outdoor cages. I'm trying to build a long quonset style cage with a divider in the middle, but would honestly just prefer to get real rabbit cages. Can't afford new - we're a single income family with 2 young kids - does anyone in the vicinity have spares they could sell me? Thanks so much! :)

seldom seen slim

Just born
Reaction score
You might try used restaurant equipment shops you can usually get galvanized metro racks cheap and wire them together add a tin rook and some fine mesh for part way up sides and floor and your good to mount and go. Something I'm going to do later this year myself. Just a thought, Jon

trcarlton

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the great idea, seldom seen slim! :)

InBox485

Just born
Reaction score
Troll Craigslist. Usually over summer there are the three section breeding cages up for sale from former 4-H'ers and people that are quitting over the summer. If you want to get material kits, I Klubertanz will work with you so that the shipping size can be minimized. Bass is the other major vendor, but they are more what's on the shelf is what is available, and unless you want single cages, the truck shipping charges are insane unless you do a group buy for several of them.

trcarlton

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Have I mentioned that I LOOOOOOVE Craigslist? :D I've found a lot of helpful items there. I did however find an actual 4 hole hutch setup that a former 4Her's mom donated to me via the local 4H club. My husband replaced all the wire with new heavy duty stuff, and our bunnies are now happily living in their permanent outdoor hutch setup - and hubby is MUCH happier having them out there, instead of grouped in loose individual makeshift cages in our house lol. Thanks so much for all the help and support! :)

Latest posts