Chaffhaye anyone?!

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
OK well maybe not everything....

Lets just say, when you have been in livestock long enough you will taste some very nasty things. Food always tastes better with a little buck on it, right?
Oh, every night at dinner everyone complains how bad I smell and that I make everything taste like a buck:lol:

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Eww. I don't try anything I feed any of my animals. Is this like an essential goat keeper experience? :lol:
Lol, I have horses and I taste all of their stuff. Some of the treats are actually pretty good... also, my vet tastes everything she perscribes that she knows won't hurt her, so that if the horse is a little off their feed anyway and the med is bitter, she knows and can recomend adding a bunch of sweet stuff to make it taste better.

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Lol, I have horses and I taste all of their stuff. Some of the treats are actually pretty good... also, my vet tastes everything she perscribes that she knows won't hurt her, so that if the horse is a little off their feed anyway and the med is bitter, she knows and can recomend adding a bunch of sweet stuff to make it taste better.
Our dog vet was telling us what their dewormer tasted like... He tried it!:lol:

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My brothers have tried dog food and raw hide chews... But they just like to show off;)

The worst thing is when your dogs eat horse or goat poop and then lick your mouth!!!! Yuck!!!l

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I do NOT eat my goats feed. YUCK. They eat poison ivy and poison oak. No thanks. I also make goat cookies for them; Molasses, chopped carrots, apples, chopped corn, oatmeal, minerals, and raisins. sounds nummy but it's baked till it's hard as a rock. NO THANKS. goats also eat pine wood and bark. They can have it!

Alexz7272

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Queen Mum I also make cookies for my goats! As I keep them with my sheep, that is how I give them their copper. Never tried it with carrots or raisins though, might have to try that! :rolleyes: