Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Levi got banded today and holy smokes he definitely cried. He is doing okay right now. I have two days of pain meds plus another dosage if needed during the process. Vet was fantastic and very helpful in explaining this process to me. Can take upto 4 weeks for them to totally fall off. He used two bands Just incase one breaks.
Poor little guy. I sure love him! ❤️🐐

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh Vet also advised me from going out and sitting with him when he is crying over this procedure and to just follow my daily schedule so Levi doesn't get conditioned into training me to come when he cries. 😬
Oh my goodness I can't wait till their supper time to go see him. He is silent for the most part. The drugs are working. 👍❤️🐐

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Vet said my stinky dog definitely was tangling with a muskrat and the skunk shampoo stuff will get rid of the smell. He first thought porcupine smell..😳
Thank God that's not the issue ! 👍
Not skunk either! I wish I could send you all the smell as a scratch and sniff ! 😜😆🤣🤢

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bindi 3 weeks ago with her killed Muskrat! 😬
That time she didn’t stink.👏
856C1598-33A9-40C9-9CB6-0E78B58C955D.jpeg
59706193-AF07-42DD-9BE7-B2CC369E97B5.jpeg
E71316CD-CABC-415C-ABB8-2E252EBFF4B3.jpeg

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Little Levi is doing great this morning. He was excited to eat his breakfast and happy. 👍🐐
I will give him his pain meds at noon. I'm so glad everything is going well so far. ❤️
I bathed my stinky dog last night in the kiddie pool. She isn't stinky anymore. I have her tied up on the lawn today. I don't need her going off again to get stinky.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
If he is eating and playing....I'd skip the noon dose...goats are much different than people and unless they are stressed, less medication is much better....sounds like he will be just fine.... :thumbsup
Okay. He was done yesterday at 3:00 so Vet recommended a noon dose but as both of you have said to me. If he is doing good and eating then save the meds incase he needs it during the process of them falling off. Thanks again. Your very helpful. 👍❤️🐐