Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love the quiet. I like to sit outside in the morning with my coffee and listen to the birdsong and horses munching hay. Then along comes the dogs, so thrilled to sit with me and pant. Our BMD pants like an idling semi. Not so peaceful then, haha.

Chickens really, you're right about not appreciating conveniences until we don't have them. We lived in a little cabin out in the sticks when we were first married, and shared a well with our landlords. The well got 3 GPM on a generous day. Every fall it would dry up enough that we'd have to haul water from town. It must have scarred me deeply, because 40 years later I still am thankful every time I turn a faucet on and water comes out!

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love the quiet. I like to sit outside in the morning with my coffee and listen to the birdsong and horses munching hay. Then along comes the dogs, so thrilled to sit with me and pant. Our BMD pants like an idling semi. Not so peaceful then, haha.

Chickens really, you're right about not appreciating conveniences until we don't have them. We lived in a little cabin out in the sticks when we were first married, and shared a well with our landlords. The well got 3 GPM on a generous day. Every fall it would dry up enough that we'd have to haul water from town. It must have scarred me deeply, because 40 years later I still am thankful every time I turn a faucet on and water comes out!
You can call me Shannon :thumbsup
I understand you. I appreciate everything when it's working and always get reminders of how easy we actually have it when things go out of service.
Silence is peaceful. I love hearing birds, dogs, horses , goats etc. My Sons think blasting music outside is great! I get restless and can't stand it. I love sitting outside with my old Man by the fire and listening to nothing but the fire and my animals walking around in the darkness. ❤️👍

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like me. Occasionally at my big job there will be people working on some construction project for the owners and they almost always play music up loud. Totally shatters the enjoyment of working in quiet, thinking my own thoughts.
We like to sit outside around the firepit also. I was excited for last night, being the first one of the year for us, but a little rain shower moved in and stayed for a couple of hours, so maybe tonight we can do it.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like me. Occasionally at my big job there will be people working on some construction project for the owners and they almost always play music up loud. Totally shatters the enjoyment of working in quiet, thinking my own thoughts.
We like to sit outside around the firepit also. I was excited for last night, being the first one of the year for us, but a little rain shower moved in and stayed for a couple of hours, so maybe tonight we can do it.
Awesome! Tonight we are planning my first evening fire pit too. I have a couple of flame changer colour packages to try too! I am excited. Happy Father’s Day to everyone’s old man... ! ❤😁

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey Shannon! :frow It's going to take a while for me to look through 26 pages what with my dial-up type internet connection speed, 😆 but your critters are adorable! Nice introduction as well. 😊 Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Leyla..:hugs
Keep reading if you are interested and this is where I am now. ❤️🐐🐐🐐🐐

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Poppy is blooming! ❤️
Also who doesn’t like lilacs?
8F500D55-5164-4DBD-9AA7-F971246F6853.jpeg
9CD96D5A-00A4-4A3A-87EF-39CF10D40656.jpeg

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Never a dull moment here!
Yesterday I thought I had secured Wilson to his tie out. Nope! He wasn’t tied and him and Bindi took that opportunity to tour the country side. Gone for about 2 hours or more. We went driving around looking for them. Headed back home and on the road we saw them. Stopped the Jeep and I got Wilson to jump into the back hatch. They both had been swimming in ponds. Wilson was green and had rose bush stuck all over his body. I was so mad at them. Bad dogs. Wilson is 10 1/2 years old and suffers from his shoulder injury. He can barely walk today. :barnie
I can just imagine how hilarious they looked playing in the pond! :gig
C6D4D849-E024-45C4-A531-99F0463C1646.jpeg
CF1AE272-9830-4475-85D4-0BC36A64B7EE.jpeg
082FBC93-8943-4A40-B2F7-FBC668480F7E.jpeg

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry I had to laugh at the dog getting in the pond, Lilly and Winston rolled in poo this morning and got a outside shower...they are not at all happy drying off on the porch 😊
Funny..😂😁 Dogs definitely keep us on our toes. Mine love rolling in horse poo and if they find coyote poo it's a free for all on who can get the most poop on them! :lol: When I first got the goats Bindi liked rolling in the goats poop and had goat berries stuck to her chest hairs. Now she decided she likes eating goat berries instead. 😜😀🤣

Last edited: