Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello. The window is wired tight and a good distance from the window pane on the inside. My Husband thinks we should get the see through plexiglass pane to put over the window on the outside because wire will not properly protect the glass from a goat. Plus it will let in the sunshine and provide heat from the sun in the winter. 👍
Ahhhhhh yes....forgot about old man winter.......:old

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes. Your so lucky to not have to contend with Snow, freezing temperatures and all the other things that our winter brings. 👍
Ohhhh luck didn't come into play , I moved from NH to FL in 1998 to get away from the cold and snow.....best move ever :love ...sure don't miss spending the summer getting ready for the long cold winter or the driving on the black ice and snow to go to work...happy to be retired and warm here 😷

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ohhhh luck didn't come into play , I moved from NH to FL in 1998 to get away from the cold and snow.....best move ever :love ...sure don't miss spending the summer getting ready for the long cold winter or the driving on the black ice and snow to go to work...happy to be retired and warm here 😷
Awesome! You understand all too well about Alberta winters then.👍 Your right about spending all summer just to be ready for winter. It's a vicious cycle. 😩🌨❄️🌬☃️

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Pals decided to pay me cash for my Coop and not trade for a Doeling. Probably a good decision on both our parts. My husband definitely wasn't impressed about me getting another kid. He wants me to breed Fancy and keep my own kids. :weeeThey have a Buck I can use. They have a few bucks I can choose from. They are coming here today and picking up the Coop. 👍

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
The gods definitely are not on my side.. :barnie A large Thunderstorm slowly past yesterday evening and poured rain for two hours. I'm pretty sure my hay supplier hasn't gotten any hay cut or baled yet. Plan B is I'll have to buy a few bales from the local feed lot to keep my animals fed and fingers crossed my supplier can fill my order soon. :fl
This summer hasn't been very nice as far as the rain goes. It pretty much rains here daily. :sick . For a few years it was drought and we wished for rain.
Never a happy medium with the weather. I'm trying to come up with a different type of feed for Ozzy and Fancy now that they are both a year old. I know Ozzy shouldn't be getting grains or Alfalfa pellets due to being wethered. I need something that they enjoy and will come easily when they hear me shake a container. I'm heading to the feed store today and I'll see what I can find. I was told I can use rolled oats as a lure? Then I was told to keep using the kid starter feed but only as a lure. :idunno
I made a macaroni salad yesterday so gave Fancy and Ozzy the celery and radish scraps. I tell you that you never want a kiss from a goat that ate two ends off a radish. Holy smokes he burped in my face when he kissed me. :sick It was enough to gag a maggot!! :gig
My Pal is coming tomorrow for the Coop. They were too busy yesterday. I'll have a bit of clean up to do once it's gone. Then the grass can grow back once it's out of here. I'm also sending them a few chicken related things I don't want to have to store here. 👍🤠
I guess I'm done my daily yap for now? :lol:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
The goat guy was at the feed lot. I got Ozzy and Fancy Timothy pellets and a bag of rolled oats with 3% molasses which is added to keep the dust down. 👍
Of course Levi and Pearl will also get the Timothy pellets but no rolled oats.
I sent the rest of the alfalfa pellets up to the barn for Teddy to have a treat. My husband will only be giving them to him a couple times a week as a treat. He definitely loved them. I even showed my husband the proper amount that Teddy should only get. It's a treat, not a meal.
I am amazed how clear Pearl says Mum. She mums me to death when she wants something. I thought my Sons were over using my name when they were small. Nope the baby goat wins for the over use of Mummmmm! :gig
Last night I pulled the hose over to water my goats. Ozzy the silly guy tried drinking from the hose. It got all over his face so he took off running and came back head down and bunted the stream of water coming out of the hose. He got wet again. He bunted it two more times as I laughed my head off.:lol: He left all wet and spitting his displeasure. Fancy was not impressed and stayed as far away as possible. 😁❤️🐐

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used a 12% alfalfa-oat pellet with my 2 wethers and 1 retired doe...they loved it and came running for them....they rarely ate hay, but had a large variety with the browse....course that was in Mississippi and had very little severe cold and it never lasted more than a couple of days when we did....so, something was growing almost year around....we used hay for the ducks bedding and they went thru hay much faster than the goats did.... :lol: ...the funny thing is, the goats would come to the duck yard fence and I would set the tub I used next to the fence....they would eat the hay thru the fence....:gig
IMAG2765.jpg

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used a 12% alfalfa-oat pellet with my 2 wethers and 1 retired doe...they loved it and came running for them....they rarely ate hay, but had a large variety with the browse....course that was in Mississippi and had very little severe cold and it never lasted more than a couple of days when we did....so, something was growing almost year around....we used hay for the ducks bedding and they went thru hay much faster than the goats did.... :lol: ...the funny thing is, the goats would come to the duck yard fence and I would set the tub I used next to the fence....they would eat the hay thru the fence....:gig
View attachment 76139
Awww! Your goats were cute. ❤️🐐🐐