Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
She’s not like him, but she is trouble on the milk stand, and has stinky breath!🤣🤣🤣. But she loves to nibble my nose!! They are great!
Ozzy burps in my face because he loves kisses and actually comes up for kisses at random times. He definitely needs a Tic-Tac! 🤣😂

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't know what to do? My husband is getting all romantic about seeing baby goats. I know how adorable they are and I know I'd want to keep all of them too. My concern is birthing issues and for how cold we get here in Alberta during winter. I couldn't breed Fancy till December to have kids born next year in warm weather. Then that brings Levi way too mature for banding and surgery definitely cost more also.
I over think everything. The pros and cons of all scenarios.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now my friend is telling me to put Fancy with Levi now and have October kids. He is almost 6 months old but not super Bucky either. He only peed on his legs the first time he sniffed Fancy through the fence. He isn't stinky anymore. Just bounces around like a kid goat.
I stress myself out with all my thinking..😬

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are definitely over thinking..and that is coming from ME! Everyone on here will tell you that I stress wayyyy too much!! First of all...banding is simple!!! You don’t need a vet. Second..,we castrated our mini pigs and they were under 5 lbs...no anesthesia..they wer3 simple...banding..the goat bawls for a day and a half, and mine didn’t eat much. So I stressed. I’ve heard with the Cutting, they are back to play righ5 away. The mini pigs were..they squealed like mad during it...yikes! But then they soooned with mI’m and played an hour or so later. And, seriously, the you-know..were tiny...I can send you a picture...tiny! I can walk you through it! But, we went with banding for my Wether and that’s what we will do next year too.

as for your ‘not Bucky” buck...I have a proven blue eyed natural polled ND...saw his kids...he’s a charmer...compared to my old buck....this guy smells like flowers! He doesn’t tinkle on his beard at all! He does smell bums...but, so do the doelings....honestly, I think..if you keep him far away from Fancy now..them put them together when she copy legs..bammm...he wil luv her!! Her hormones will trigger his....look at him like a teenager...he hasn’t experienced’ it yet...but, he’d give it a try..,🤣🤣🤣. Yes, you will of course want to keep the kids....look at me...hey, whats wrong with a few more goats? You sold the ducks and chickens..you got it easy!! You’ve got plenty of time, just lounging..,🤣🤣🤣❤️❤️❤️ Drink one for me🤣🤣🤣🤣. Just teasing you, couldn’t resist

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm still deciding on what to do. I'm definitely going to get Ozzy and Levi out together for a meeting and see how well they get along. I'm thinking Pearl is just too small though to handle the abuse Fancy will dish out. Pearl is only 8 weeks and a baby. I will let everyone know how this goes.
Yesterday Fancy and Ozzy were out grazing and a butterfly was flying around. Ozzy was hilarious chasing and trying to bunt the butterfly. 😂

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have another question about my goats. At what age do you introduce the young goats to the herd? I'm not worried about Ozzy and Levi. It's Pearl I'm concerned for. I expect bunting and bossing. I just never done this with goats before. I expect Pearl to cry probably too. I can't put Levi with Fancy yet because I don't need a quickie happening. 😬😳

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
A year ago today I lost my dearest friend. Ride on old Cowboy 🤠🥰
Emil is never to far from my thoughts. ❤️
FEA6E449-4B77-4806-B5A3-8E5F41B29C42.jpeg
709018A6-9AFF-4AF3-9333-F079E82EDD00.jpeg

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are definitely over thinking..and that is coming from ME! Everyone on here will tell you that I stress wayyyy too much!! First of all...banding is simple!!! You don’t need a vet. Second..,we castrated our mini pigs and they were under 5 lbs...no anesthesia..they wer3 simple...banding..the goat bawls for a day and a half, and mine didn’t eat much. So I stressed. I’ve heard with the Cutting, they are back to play righ5 away. The mini pigs were..they squealed like mad during it...yikes! But then they soooned with mI’m and played an hour or so later. And, seriously, the you-know..were tiny...I can send you a picture...tiny! I can walk you through it! But, we went with banding for my Wether and that’s what we will do next year too.

as for your ‘not Bucky” buck...I have a proven blue eyed natural polled ND...saw his kids...he’s a charmer...compared to my old buck....this guy smells like flowers! He doesn’t tinkle on his beard at all! He does smell bums...but, so do the doelings....honestly, I think..if you keep him far away from Fancy now..them put them together when she copy legs..bammm...he wil luv her!! Her hormones will trigger his....look at him like a teenager...he hasn’t experienced’ it yet...but, he’d give it a try..,🤣🤣🤣. Yes, you will of course want to keep the kids....look at me...hey, whats wrong with a few more goats? You sold the ducks and chickens..you got it easy!! You’ve got plenty of time, just lounging..,🤣🤣🤣❤❤❤ Drink one for me🤣🤣🤣🤣. Just teasing you, couldn’t resist
Hello. I do know we could banned Levi or get a farmer to cut him. I personally won’t do that because it’s very painful. Vet supplies freezing and two days of pain medication for him too.
Reference to me drinking with people who don’t know me will have them think I am a flaming alcoholic. 😳. I do drink Beer and love a great Caesar.
I believe everyone has their vices. 😁
I'm still on the fence about Levi. He is a very well bred Buckling and maybe I will decide to have kids first with him? His Dad is a registered Buck and the Does were not. I'll see if I can get pictures of his parents?

Last edited: