Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can do that here, we understand :D
:highfive: :clap....:woot I knew you would. Your all straight shooters and great people to chat with. πŸ‘.I love the laughs daily too..β€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜
If I can't laugh I'll go insane. I can find humour in almost any situation. πŸ™ˆπŸ˜Š

Last edited:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I'll be taking Bindi on another road trip today. Frustrating when I don't know exactly when her cycle started. :barnie
I think Darling Darla is coming into heat now too. Her and Lucy are humping each other again and that gets old fast. Humpy Humperton their skunk is getting a workout the last couple of days. Crazy dogs. Good thing I don't get much company around here.
We went to town yesterday and on the way home in our subdivision we saw a stuffed animal laying in the ditch. My Son told me to turn around and bring it home for Bindi. I turned around and got it. It's a brand new hampster. Tossed it on the ground beside my Jeep and let the big dogs outside. Bindi was surprised that she got a new toy and didn't have to go stealing it either..πŸ˜‚πŸ‘ She carried it around all day. Last week she had a Chapstick she stole from somewhere? Wasn't from here. She ate half of it.
I tried trimming around her crotch area yesterday because she is so hairy. She was behaved until she wasn't. πŸ™„ She wrapped her front legs around my neck and and pulled me down with her. She got all silly licking my face and wiggling. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ she isn't a big dog at all but definitely strong. I will have my Son hold her still so I can finish her up a bit better. πŸ‘
I forgot I need a can of primer for my back entrance. It's absolutely disgusting with stains. I can't wait till Monday to get started on my painting.
I was discussing Covid with a friend and the best way I can describe it is the world is a giant chicken coop and the entire flock is at risk of catching respiratory disease. I really wonder how long this pandemic will last? It's definitely a life changer. πŸ˜•
The other day I forgot Edmonton has a mandatory mask use in public places. I went for gas and had no mask. Got kicked out of the store. 😳
Alison went in slapped the money on the counter and said $20 on pump 2 and ran out! πŸ˜‚πŸ‘ I'll definitely have a mask now in my jeep πŸš™. Living out here I feel like I'm in a bubble and forget about covid and the new rules in certain places.
Have a great day everyone and stay safe..πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ»

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention that I don't think my Sons friend wants a puppy now because of the Poodle and having to maintain the hair regularly. That's okay though. I will sell all the puppies. That's if I even get any this cycle. :idunno

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here is Darling Darla and Humpy Humperton last year. πŸ˜³πŸ™„πŸ˜¬
As you can see, they have other plans for him. They never play with him. πŸ™„
That’s the first one. They had it so worn out I got a new one.
I got a lesson yesterday from Alison on female Dog anatomy and I was a bit surprised to learn they have a pleasure centre and it now explains why they love Humpy Humperton so much certain times of the year. I do have them trained now to go to the back room and not bring him out anymore.
Sort of weirds me out now..:th:idunno
336C23EA-B5F8-40F5-8CC9-55A04EC85492.jpeg
F6482B79-409A-4166-852D-3C6C4F2B7EF8.jpeg
5DC6C945-0B6C-441B-8FF8-8B92672B8F96.jpeg

Last edited:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bindi is finished her cycle, so all I can do is wait and see for her to change or remain the same.. :idunno :pop
Lucy I should know in two weeks what's up and Darla still needs to start her cycle. She is close because she is loving up Humpy Humperton. πŸ™„πŸ˜‚

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Sons and I got busy in here yesterday..All my walls are washed and holes are patched. my oldest Son Cam did all the wall patching and Dylan washed the walls. I washed the fireplace and got it taped off so I can spray paint the brass glass doors. Painting them flat black. This house has lots of brass fixtures and nobs..:sick. I knew this place was dirty when we bought it 6 years ago but wow it was worse now after 6 years of us here too. The back entrance is the worst area. Cam had to put a lot of patch on the ledge that goes down the stairwell. It was awful. He will have a lot of sanding to do today. We are going to start painting the ceiling today.πŸ‘
We had a great time and we all worked well together yesterday. We all were happy my husband wasn't home because he never thinks we do anything right unless we are doing it his way. Plus he swears and complains about most things as he is doing it..:tongue..He will be home today but cutting grass so I hope he doesn't ruin our fun day today by taking over.:old
I had work names for the boys yesterday. 😁 Dylan is Washy Washerton and Cam is Mr. Trowely..:gig..I was still just Mom. I heard that a lot as they day went by. ☺️
I need to go to town this morning to get primer and rollers. The spray paint too. A few other things I can't remember right now.
It was cool here yesterday. 18C with a North wind. It felt like Fall..:th
Still Windy this morning and cold wind. Thermometer is saying 18C but it feels a lot colder. I have about 2 months left to get prepared for winter. :barnie
I don't know if I'll ever get my goats together as one herd? My big goats are definitely too hard on Levi. Ozzy actually got very aggressive with him and flipped the poor little guy right over with his horns. Levi was bawling.πŸ˜³πŸ˜•. Pearl cried and ran for cover. She stood crying for Levi to save her.
Not a big deal. I can keep trying although I can always just keep Fancy and Ozzy where they are again over winter.
Enjoy your day everyone..πŸ˜πŸ‘

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I'd die before I painted brass! That is right up there with painting hardwoods.
Just my opinion of course.
I understand. I just don't like the brass.😬:hide It's not my thing. It's outdated and not working with my country style. Here is a photo of the fireplace.
image.jpg

Last edited: