Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have little bird houses around my property and two of them have been taken over by Bumble Bees 🐝 :barnie
I'll have to wait and clean them out in the fall.
I went back to the pharmacy yesterday morning and got more meds. He gave me a mucus and phlegm syrup and some Tylenol for pain. I'm still taking the other stuff also. I haven't spiked a fever so I don't have pneumonia yet. Between back pain and menopause I'm not sleeping to good. Either a hot flash wakes me or my back does. :duc

Levi still has his sack so I hope it falls off soon. It definitely is shrivelled up. Yesterday I had sat outside with the goats and Levi walked up to the fence to visit Ozzy. He walked all stiff legged sort of rocking back and forth. Then he jumped and bunted Ozzy through the fence. :lol:..He reminded me of how a Cowboy walks in westerns..:gig

Last edited:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wonder what the people next door think of my animals each morning?
It used to be my Rooster crowing at 4:00 in the morning and my Call Hens yapping nonstop. :D
Now I have goats. Pearl gets yelling Mummmm! Mahhhhh! At 7:00 each morning and continues to get louder by 8:00. She demands her breakfast but I make them wait. :lol:
The people next door have 3 dogs and they bark steady. So I don't mind my animals being a little noisy in the mornings. πŸ‘πŸ€ β€οΈπŸπŸπŸπŸ

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm up early :caf
My husband almost has my gate built. I can't wait to take a picture of it and show you. 🀠
My husband wasn't Beer in hand either. Pepsi was though. πŸ‘

My Peonies are blooming and soon my Lilies will be. I'll get a picture of them today. Finally my tomato and the pepper plant are blooming too. So we will have something off the plants.
I have to find out if the farmers market is going to be still available in the little hamlet not to far from me. It's usually every Thursday afternoon.
This covid has definitely changed everyone's lives. :rolleyes:
Oh I forgot to tell you all the other morning when I ran to the pharmacy there was another injury accident at that intersection so I had to take a detour to town. I don't understand why nothing has been done? I guess more people have to die and get injured before they will do anything? πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ...

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday Levi discovered he could crawl under the mesh/chainlink fence into the goat yard with Ozzy and Fancy. I heard Pearl bawling and wasn't her usual cry either. I walked over and see Levi on the other side playing with Ozzy. Pearl came running to me. I had to call Levi back and the little bugger scooted back under the fence so I locked them in the Coop pen. Then with my limited mobility and lack of fence repair I put my out door Chicken Roost on its side to block the floppy fencing and tied it on with a bindertwine. :gig

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @chickens really,

I am really curious about why that intersection is so dangerous. If you don't mind, do you think you could take a snippet of that intersection as viewed on Google Earth and post it here? Please don't take a large snippet -- I don't want it large enough for others to easily figure out where you reside. I want to protect you from the crazies. (Some people on this forum would include me in that group!) I am just trying to understand what about that intersection is so dangerous.

Also, how is your back doing?

Senile Texas Aggie

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @chickens really,

I am really curious about why that intersection is so dangerous. If you don't mind, do you think you could take a snippet of that intersection as viewed on Google Earth and post it here? Please don't take a large snippet -- I don't want it large enough for others to easily figure out where you reside. I want to protect you from the crazies. (Some people on this forum would include me in that group!) I am just trying to understand what about that intersection is so dangerous.

Also, how is your back doing?

Senile Texas Aggie
Okay I'll try and do that. I'm not savvy with my skills as far as my phone goes. 😜
It's sort of an over pass but not really? It's very hilly here so that intersection and the hiway has a downhill slope heading west and an uphill slope heading east. Double lane hiway. I will try to get a Google earth picture for you though.
My back isn't too good unfortunately although the pain finally is going away with the medication I'm using so I must be healing? Thanks for asking. πŸ‘

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Senile_Texas_Aggie
Here is the picture. I am amazed that I was able to get this by myself! πŸ‘πŸ˜†
F45D69DF-CC18-42C5-9429-9A521A1D86ED.png

Latest posts