Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

GardnerHomestead

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Senile_Texas_Aggie
Here is the picture. I am amazed that I was able to get this by myself! 👏😆View attachment 75844
Over here in the mountains, we have quite a few intersections like this onto our highway but most of our highways are wind-y. So you cant see to far out. Alot of people (mostly out of towners) have lost their lives trying to pull out into traffic that's going 75 MPH. The counties solution has been putting stoplights in. Which backs up the only way in and out of town but there have been less casualties this year.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Over here in the mountains, we have quite a few intersections like this onto our highway but most of our highways are wind-y. So you cant see to far out. Alot of people (mostly out of towners) have lost their lives trying to pull out into traffic that's going 75 MPH. The counties solution has been putting stoplights in. Which backs up the only way in and out of town but there have been less casualties this year.
At least it's helping to keep people safe. This intersection needs to be changed.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry you are still hurting. If you cracked your ribs it will take about 3 weeks to start getting back to normal. At least that's how long it takes me. I've cracked the same ribs 3 times. Twice from jumping on a horse bareback and running into the withers, and once from pruning with my loppers and bracing one of the handles against my body.
I have never been accused of genius.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry you are still hurting. If you cracked your ribs it will take about 3 weeks to start getting back to normal. At least that's how long it takes me. I've cracked the same ribs 3 times. Twice from jumping on a horse bareback and running into the withers, and once from pruning with my loppers and bracing one of the handles against my body.
I have never been accused of genius.
Yikes. I think I did crack my back ribs because I feel them sort of crunching sometimes.
I definitely understand your pain. ❤️

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Peonies and a pot of flowers.
Plus a garter snake skin I found yesterday on my lawn.
I wonder how many of those I need to make snakeskin boots? :gig :lol:
86969798-4FB5-4ED1-A8D9-25AE743C7739.jpeg
893C15EA-7FB5-4F6E-A0AB-79280CEACCCF.jpeg
57D89EA1-2484-46D7-8061-CA9723E1F5F9.jpeg

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
The flowers are beautiful!
I moved my peony from the front garden bed of the house, out to the perennial "friendship" bed (plants gifted from friends and family from divisions) in front of the veg garden.
Peonies are pretty, but mostly annoying, depending on the amount of petals they have combined with the amount of rain that falls, and how OCD you are of course ;) . Mine was always drooping down over the other flowers, so I dug it up this spring and plopped it in a hole in that other bed. It already had buds, and I thought for sure it would be shocked into not blooming, or maybe even die. But I told it that it was on it's own now, so suck it up. That goofy plant just stuck it's tongue out at me and thrived and bloomed!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
That reminds me of an incident waayy back in time...around '78....I had bought a house....$22,500..... :gig my Mom gave me 2 dwarf cherry tress to plant and I put them in the storage room in the carport....with working and a newborn I never had time to set them out....of course there were calls from Mom about the new granddaughter....and to ask about the trees....well, wouldn't ya know she had to come visit, so I had to run out in the yard, dig a couple of holes and put the trees in....I told em to live or die...I didn't care which.....they never produced edible cherries, but was still living, blooming, and producing fruit 20yrs later when I sold the house.....:lol:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
The flowers are beautiful!
I moved my peony from the front garden bed of the house, out to the perennial "friendship" bed (plants gifted from friends and family from divisions) in front of the veg garden.
Peonies are pretty, but mostly annoying, depending on the amount of petals they have combined with the amount of rain that falls, and how OCD you are of course ;) . Mine was always drooping down over the other flowers, so I dug it up this spring and plopped it in a hole in that other bed. It already had buds, and I thought for sure it would be shocked into not blooming, or maybe even die. But I told it that it was on it's own now, so suck it up. That goofy plant just stuck it's tongue out at me and thrived and bloomed!
I know! They are the most annoying plant. I keep tying up the flowers because my peony ring is too small and forgot to buy a bigger one. The ants are always on them too. The petals can be a mess but I try to get the spent flowers cut off before they fall off. Once it's finished blooming I trim it back so it just looks like a small shrub and then my Lily's bloom and become the focal point. There are two others that I want to move. They are under a shrub/bush and just there laying on the ground. :gig I can't figure out a good spot to put them either? I have tried to give them away but so far no one wants them because of how messy and how much the ants enjoy them. Maybe I should gift them like how you became a proud owner of a peony! 🤠😂😜
I had a light pink one in the city at our old house and was so happy to be moving because I was sick of peonies. Bought this place and ended up with three of the buggers! :ep:lol:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
That reminds me of an incident waayy back in time...around '78....I had bought a house....$22,500..... :gig my Mom gave me 2 dwarf cherry tress to plant and I put them in the storage room in the carport....with working and a newborn I never had time to set them out....of course there were calls from Mom about the new granddaughter....and to ask about the trees....well, wouldn't ya know she had to come visit, so I had to run out in the yard, dig a couple of holes and put the trees in....I told em to live or die...I didn't care which.....they never produced edible cherries, but was still living, blooming, and producing fruit 20yrs later when I sold the house.....:lol:
That's awesome..:woot
So funny how our Mothers get us moving fast even though we are and were adults! :lol: