CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate dealing with things I know nothing about, because so many get taken by untrustworthy people these days. I sure don't want to find out after-the-fact. They should be worth more than wt in silver and gold, and it is up to me to find out....;)

I know that story too. Leery of pretty much any professional, they don't always do work to a standard one would expect from someone whose job is to do 'that'.

How did you find the value of that one coin? And what sort of shape are they in? Since you now know who they were purchased from (ASSUMING that person is a coin dealer!) they were most likely bought as "hold for investment" purposes and I would guess they are both somewhat rare and in decent shape. THOUGH a coin dealer would have included info about quality and price paid so ...

You might have to pay a coin appraiser. Or take to a pawn shop for valuation.

I wouldn't trust someone in a pawn shop to honestly evaluate a new item purchased the same day with the price sticker still attached.

Since it was Fri and we try to avoid going to town on the wknds, we went to town today. We stopped by the Co-Op and while Joyce got some cabbage plants....View attachment 27957 she set them out this evening, I was picking up some fence harware....they had just gotten in some 5/8"x8" hinge bolts, so got 10 of them for the gates, found some dbl latch gate latches and picked up 2 of them, and got 2 4' gates too.... I checked out the 4' gate openings with a gate, and with the width of the hardware, I only have to adjust one hole to accomodate it. Also, I found out that the Co-Op does deliver for $20, so will get them to bring out the other stuff. :)
I will be getting out tomorrow and begin setting the posts, and have to work in pen Cleaning for the birds area too. Sunday is going to be Hoof day and raking their pen too. I'm going to order a load of sand next wk, and make the ducks a Beach. We have to get things rearrange at the house too. So much to do, but it beats sitting around playing computer games all day...:)

6" posts?? What did I tell you about those 8" bolt hooks young man???

Deliver for $20! Good deal. Figure out everything else you will need and load up the truck.

I bet the ducks will love their beach. Are you going to put in a snack bar, showers and a changing room for them? :)

Glad to be of help to ya @Lereg ...that's one reason I do it having been a truck driver, it is always good to pass along to others....and when we lived in Fl and experienced the hurricanes the impotance of being weather aware was reemphasized....and as farmers not all pay attention each day, because of having other things on their mind, so I try to do that, draw attention to it....especially during bad weather. I watch weather in different areas just to keep up with it, habitual by now, I guess.:)

My paternal grandfather was a farmer. Watching the weather on the nightly news was still a MUST years after he stopped farming.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now now @Bruce don't get too upset with me...I'm using 5" posts, not 6". They are the longest ones I can find available here unless I use the 3/4" ones. I did weigh the pros and cons on it before making my decision, but since my goats are in the 75-100 lb range, and I would threaten another attack straining to handle the 6" posts, I chose to use the 5". As far as the coin goes, I googled it as if to buy one to get the market price, but not counting on getting that though. It does give me a "Ball Park" of a fair price on it. Yes, it is investment quality, in a heavy plastic case with all the markings on it, so there isn't any guessing about its rating on my part. Don't want to broadcast all about it, but that should be general enough for this forum. :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, it made it up to 72° here today....started out with some passing sprinkle showers, not very much tho. Enough to wipe out the outside buckets at this morning's "Pellet Time". This is always fun, because Comet...the one in my avatar...is "Top Dog" in the goat pen and thinks he controls the buckets. So, when I reach to get his bucket he challenges me for it. I just push him with my left habd and pen him against the bldg. He is really comical, because he never tries to butt me, just push me. Anyway, my focus got side-tracked today and didn't get anything fence related done. We did however work on straightening up the house....Mom and Dad were such "Pack Rats" there is quite a bit of stuff to sort thru....not to mention how difficult it is to have to go thru stuff that was totally "Off Limits" to us as children. Dad is a very, very private person and now with his "Fading", we are having to try to understand his position....so, it is like investigating our parents "Personal Business". At least it is difficult for me, cause he is still with us....physically, but mentally not too much anymore.
Mom told me some while she was still here, just so someone else knew....I was the only one of the 3 that she trusted to tell. For an example, he has about 7 remotes on the table by his chair....some go to things he used to have, but no longer...and it has corroded batteries in them...he just wouldn't throw it away...and ya couldn't explain it too him, cause he was Always right and you were Wrong.
I tried to get a couple of pics today, but none turned out very good....one was of a robin in the field and the other was of a couple of honey bees on the hen bit blooms. Some more of those "Signs" of the upcoming season...:)
Suppose to be warmer tomorrow and some nice weather this next week, may be I can find some drier dirt to tamp the posts with too. Joyce put some more tomatoes in the ground today...and something ate about half of the sweet peas...suspect is rabbit...;)
Tomorrow is "Hoof Day" so that ought to be a Hoot...:)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have plenty of drier dirt in spite of all of the rain. The posts we set yesterday surprised me. We are digging down 3' for the posts and even though we have had a dozen inches of rain in the last month the dirt is still powdery so we set them in concrete.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
My problem is most of the holes are in lower lying areas and the runoff collects....I just would rather not hump it any further in the wbeelbarrow any farther than I have to...:)
The holes are still holding water right now. I was thinking about ya this morning and hoping the showers didn't mess ya up too much...sure Glad that it didn't...:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, "Hoof Day" really fizzled and exposed a severe need of the ability to have separation in such matters. The Boys make Star very skittish, because there have been confrontations with them daily....and, they have to inspect the trimmers with every move....:barnie then they beg for Treats....;)
The only quick solution I can come up with is to block the hole in the bldg wall and use the tables for our comfort....sure beats bending down to hoof level. So, that got put on hold today. It was a really nice day today and didn't want to waste it, so went to start tamping the post...there is still water standing in the holes about a third, tried to see what I could do, but there wasn't a solid feel on the tamp rod...so, had to stop to give it more time. It made it up to 82° here today and when I was coming back from the goat walk today, I had a freakin Orange Wasp....big and bad....buzzing my ear....I reminded the b*s**rd that it was still Feb, tho he won't make it to Spring...:)
I really have felt bad about not posting any pics lately, so.... IMAG1714.jpg IMAG1716.jpg they were just Chillin after their walk about....IMAG1719.jpg here are the ducks after Joyce threw them some rye grass...they really Attack it.... IMAG1722.jpgonions... IMAG1723.jpg this is the cabbage... IMAG1724.jpg some tomatoes ....and IMAG1725.jpg these are the peas that got "Topped" the other nite. Things are certainly "Crazy", but we are going to take full advantage of what is Given. :)
It is suppose to remain mild for the next 5 days before a dip into the 50s as highs....:)

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
82? Holy cow! It was 50 or so here today, which meant DH and I were shoveling snow in t-shirts. Yup northerners are crazy.

Bending down to do hooves? Yuck. We put all our goats on the milking stand. They get feed/entertainment and I can make sure they hold still while DH trims. How big are your boys? They look pretty solid.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Getting them on the stand might be an issue. I know I couldn't get my sheep up on one and I have seen up close and personal how strong those girls are. It looks like Fred's boys aren't small either. :)

Latest posts