CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
If the roof on the barn has been kept up, the upper part of the barn should be fine. :fl
Sides look to be plywood. Don't know if it is CDX or not. We had the framers put a garage door opening in the back of the garage at the last house. They covered the opening with 1/2" CDX, not even painted and is still in perfect shape.

Why it was done and no door ever put in? DW had a Thistle sailboat (17') that she was going to put in the back yard. Only 5' from building to lot lines on a 44' wide lot. The boat was at her folks house and stayed there a couple of years before she sold it to her cousin. Never had a need for a door after that and never got around to putting siding on it.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I called today and scheduled the home inspection and termite inspection....along with the testing of the well water....it will be on Wed this next week....this one is for our benefit and the next one will be for the lender....not sure when that one will be, but having a professional taking a look-see can go a long way in giving us peace of mind as to the soundness of the structure and do a more thorough job than we could think of doing. It will also point out other things that may need repair before closing....especially if there is termite damage....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today we went over to the new area and rode around some to checkout the shopping availability and what was in the closest "big" town....which happens to be the county seat. They have several stores, banks, and fast food places and a couple of feed and farming supply places too. We also went back by the house and walked around outside again....took some more pics of the property. I was standing in the middle driveway and took a pic looking to the left....
IMAG3842.jpg ....and this is to the right...
IMAG3843.jpg ....everything beyond the white fence is the roadside border and the road traveled to the drive of the house.....this is behind the fence....there is a magnolia tree....IMAG3840.jpg ....and on the otherside of the yard is a nice sago palm....IMAG3839.jpg ....and since the soil is sand, there certainly are ants.....IMAG3838.jpg ....this is the main entrance....IMAG3835.jpg
....and a better look at the grilling area....
IMAG3834.jpg .....and I can reach up and place my hand on the floor of the top floor of the barn, but didn't realize there were technical difficulties with the pic until I got home and was looking at the pics I thpught I got....
IMAG3836.jpg .....always love it when a finger or 2 gets in the way.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
From the looks of things it looks like you are starting with a decent foundation.
We are very pleased with the setup and the amount of already cleared land...fencing, outbuildings, and decks are a real blessing too.....we wanted to see after the rain how the property took it and if there may be flow or pooling issues and didn't see any signs of it.....:)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

Latest posts