CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I guess some things have been a constant for me since I went "out on my own"....if all at possible I'll cook something on the grill.....so, I have the grill in the carport and got it started....a few weeks ago we caught them on sale and they are cuts of chuck, similar to the pork countrystyle ribs.....well, thought I'd give them a try......
IMAG4436.jpg IMAG4438.jpg
They didn't turn out too bad, put my bbq sauce on them....the flavor was fine, but it had a lot of grisel in it....so, pretty tough to chew....it would've been better in a crockpot, stew, or something that simmers awhile....just passing on that experience, incase ya see it, or wonder about them....we"ll do better with the other pkg we have.....we got .3" while I was grillin....was sure glad for the carport....:)

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I guess some things have been a constant for me since I went "out on my own"....if all at possible I'll cook something on the grill.....so, I have the grill in the carport and got it started....a few weeks ago we caught them on sale and they are cuts of chuck, similar to the pork countrystyle ribs.....well, thought I'd give them a try......
View attachment 65833 View attachment 65834
They didn't turn out too bad, put my bbq sauce on them....the flavor was fine, but it had a lot of grisel in it....so, pretty tough to chew....it would've been better in a crockpot, stew, or something that simmers awhile....just passing on that experience, incase ya see it, or wonder about them....we"ll do better with the other pkg we have.....we got .3" while I was grillin....was sure glad for the carport....:)
Looks good. But no sauce for me please. :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well Surprise! Surprise!! Surprise!!!.....in my best Gomer voice....:lol:.....the weather people are "story-telling" again.....yeh the dewpoints went down some and we got some breeze....the humidity went up and not barely a cloud in the sky.....was like taking a box fan to the sauna with ya.....;).....Joyce had another bug "experience", but with carpenter ants.....she was burning today and in her "gatherings" she got some on her.....been a pretty entertaining day around here today......:).......I really hope all make it thru the weather adversity they are facing along the coast....our prayers and thoughts are certainly with ya and each family....please remember to checkin with us to let us know ya are okay....:hugs:highfive:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not much has been happening here as far as any work or excitement....have been having phone problems and other "issues" that have gotten us "sidetracked", but we are still breathing and waiting for the weather to break so we can get get back to work on some cleanup.....Gabbie is still having problems with sores and bites, but we have switched from what was reccommended by the vet to something else we came across and it is doing a much better job after 2 applications than the stuff from the vet....we don't have much confidence in the vet and are looking elsewhere for a different one.
Joyce had her out the other morning after getting the trash to the curb....a man riding a bike stopped and started going thru the trash and putting bags out of the can into the driveway....she walked out with Gabbie on lead and asked him what was he doing....he didn't even look at her, course Gabbs was raising 9 kinds of cane, but he didn't stop....until Joyce told him she was fixing to turn her loose and he jumped on his bike and hauled Ash....:lol:.....it took her almost an hour to calm back down and she kept watch in the window the rest of the day looking for him to return....Joyce has finally accepted her barking and now Gabbie will bark on command for both of us....Joyce sees the benefit of it now, tho in those situations Gabbs doesn't need to be encouraged any at all....she does fine on her own.....:)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad things are staying quiet, doesn't sound like the kind of bike riding people you need around. Very glad that Gabbie's presence is a deterrent and that she will act the part for you. I am not so sure she wouldn't actually go after and bite someone who was threatening "her turf"; and for that I am glad too. Just please be sure your homeowners will cover because in this day and age, the "perpetrator" has more rights than the person defending their own home. It is ridiculous. Of course, my answer to that is to make sure they cannot leave to tell a tale. Tired of hearing about people who are embroiled in lawsuits by someone who was doing them harm or stealing from them or something. These liberal bleeding heart asshats really need to have those type situations thrust in their "secure little world" and have to experience this crap.....