CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your raised bed and hay bale garden plan sounds like a good one. That sand is amazing, I am surprised anything grows in it. I guess the plants live more on the humidity than groundwater. And the FREE composted wood chips, barn scrapings, stall cleanings :yesss: Keep layering that stuff on and the plants will be very happy and the weeds that try to set foot will be easily removed.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was working pretty much all day in the area where I dropped a camphor tree a couple of wks ago....if ya look close on the bottom right ya will see a set of ears.....:lol:
IMAG4500.jpg ......came across a couple of more carpenter ants hills and won the "battles".....it is a lot of green wood and it sure doesn't burn like dry....I try to mix it so it will burn faster, but Joyce has burned most of what we had in several areas....still have some, but have to cut it in other areas and then haul it.....here is another of Gabbie "pointing"....I am holding the dish in my hand......;)
IMAG4502.jpg ....she is the ever "active" girl....:love.... @Bruce I think it will work and may be something for ya to consider....beats waiting for the soil to warm and thaw and ya could increase your harvest season.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got a pic today to share.....
IMAG4498.jpg ....for those that may not know, this is the tuber for greenbriar.....when they get "established" the tubers bind together and form a solid mat, I removed one of those at our 1st house down here....it was 2'x3' and about 8-12" deep.....I do enjoy burning them and it is much easier to dig them in sand than clay, I tell ya.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
One thing is for sure....no matter the "method" used, if'n ya don't get em....they will surely "return"......:lol:....I need a field "drag"....like we used on the ball fields.....that way I could use the rider to pull it and smoth out the sand some....we are sinking ankle deep in it......:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gabbie got a bone today.....:lol:.....it is the biggest one she has ever had....she was a bit unsure about it and wanted me to hold it while she checked it out....she doesn't want to get in trouble for breaking something......
IMAG0835.jpg .....she hasn't made a bunch of headway on it yet, but she is sleeping next to it tonite so it won't be bothered by Calli......:gig
We did get some rain this evening and it is suppose to hang around for a couple of days....there is tropical moisture coming up from the Carribean....they are calling for temps to be back to 90 by the wknd....we can sure use it, but being dry was sure nice too.....:)