CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
In the short time that I've actually, in person, been aquainted with Mel he is an amazing Boy....I really even to hate to call him a dog or animal, even though I know he is....I have had talks with him and he responded to much of what was said, just simply Amazing!!....I am truly betwixt sad for @B&B Happy goats , and ecstatic for @Mike CHS , I am just Thankful that he remains with the BYH family and we can continue keeping up with his "activities".....Joe was a true "ambassador" for BYH and he never complained, to me in our conversations, about a single member here....not once....he actually entertained the thought of having regional "get to gathers" for members to "meet and greet" during each year.....it isn't that Mel was Joe's dog that gives Mel the concern and interest....because Mel stands on his own, no matter who his "keeper" is and he is truly outstanding....and it does give us confirmation of how special the whole litter and breeding really was and the lines that he comes from....I for one, believe in giving kudos to @Southern by choice for that and the foundation that was established from the beginning that each has contributed to Mel's life and developement....he truly is a great LGD, but so much more than that, too!!.....:thumbsup

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
You sure that isn't due to the animal crackers in your pocket? ;)

When he wants a treat, he does a "sit" so I assume Joe or Barb did that also. He has Maisy responding to a "sit" command better than she did before. :)

Mel has started howling in response to the train whistles when a train goes around our place.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
When he wants a treat, he does a "sit" so I assume Joe or Barb did that also. He has Maisy responding to a "sit" command better than she did before. :)

Mel has started howling in response to the train whistles when a train goes around our place.
Mel was taught (along with Missy and Sophie) to sit for a treat. ....MEL may be howling at the noise of the train, his ears are very sensitive and he doesn't like loud sounds. He had a ear infection a while ago, could possibly have one again...your nose will tell you and he will pull away if you hold his ears.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It seems the older I get and with the advancement in "technology", I become a bigger "bah humbug" than ever before.....I just wonder why people can't just be content with things as they are/were? It seems everything in life is constantly messed with and is sold as "improved, new, or better". This covers everything from education to breakfast cereal and all that is between. Yeh, the "way of the world" continues to be disillusioned with the so-called "progress" and the "keeping up with the Joneses" runs rampant thru "society". As technology changes and is promoted, what is "new" today is "behind times" in 3-6mnths. This creates changes faster and sooner than most care to keep up with; it isn't about an "old dog learning new tricks", but one just being satisfied with the way something is already. Unfortunately, it is the younger generations that make the decisions and the older are left to "deal or leave". It reminds me of the changes in children when opening presents at a b'day party.....use to be when ya unwrapped one ya were thankful and couldn't wait to play with it...even before the others were opened....now, they could care less about the unwrapped one and quickly grab the next one. When the last one is opened they are upset there aren't more and rarely play with any of them. Always expecting "bigger and better" the next time and wanting more expensive, but after the "new wears off" they leave it behind.
I'm not upset, but really disappointed that the "gathering place" has been "redecorated" to the point that it is hardly recognized anymore.....course, I don't hang around for the "decor", but for the "company of Friends" that are found here.....it reminds me of an old song.....

I really would like to have it the way it was, but it is the people that keep me here.... :) ....but, I Ain't wearing a suit and tie....ya can count on That!!....:lol: