CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you want to get those tomato hornworms off the plants without pesticides, they glow a nice bright green at night under blacklight ;)

I didn't know that! Now I want a black light, there is a Harbor Freight in Tyler...…. Hornworms seriously give me the creeps. I hate them! We have Summer tanagers that don't come to the bird feeder, they raid the garden for hornworms. They will also take a peck out of my tomatoes, so I have to pick them early and let them ripen in the house. I won't touch a creepy hornworm...…..shudder...…… Haha, I sure can pull the guts out of a hog!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have Summer tanagers that don't come to the bird feeder, they raid the garden for hornworms. They will also take a peck out of my tomatoes, so I have to pick them early and let them ripen in the house. I won't touch a creepy hornworm...…..shudder...…… Haha, I sure can pull the guts out of a hog!

Every once in awhile we get some bird damage on tomatoes but we found that keeping water in a bird bath gives birds a water source and they leave the tomatoes alone. May not work for that type of bird though.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Every once in awhile we get some bird damage on tomatoes but we found that keeping water in a bird bath gives birds a water source and they leave the tomatoes alone. May not work for that type of bird though.
That's a good idea. We need a bird bath in the garden!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have a 300 gallon galvanized tank for the horse's water. I keep a cedar sapling post in it, sticking out. I call it the squirrel stick. When it gets hot and dry, squirrels will get in for a drink, can't get out, and drown. With the squirrel stick, they can get out. Birds will perch on the squirrel stick and get a drink too.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I guess I better warn ya, just in case ya intend on "visitin" anytime soon.... 🤣 ....Joyce is gettin a bit "worked up" over this mater issue....now she has taken to "pickin' and chuckin" em around the yard......:gig:lol::gig.....oh, don't believe me, huh?....
20200610_200023.jpg..20200610_200011_HDR.jpg
....I asked her, after taking Gabbie out, what was up?....she said that she was so M A D, that she wanted me to see them...And...if the blame birds were gonna eat em they could eat them in the yard and leave the ones on the vines alone....I have shared suggestions with her and she covered the ripening ones with shopping bags...since she doesn't have hosiery....🤣....I was gonna tell ya about Gabbie's "adventure", but she is really excited and wants to tell ya, herself....so, will let her do that sometime tomorrow.....I''ll just say she'll have ya smiling, I promise ya.......:thumbsup

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
20200611_192127_HDR.jpg.....Hey everybody!!..... :frow .....hope each of ya are doin' well....it is really hot and humid here...and why does it have to rain during the day?....I mean, it sure would be much better if it only did it at night, because lord knows there aren't any "trips" outside with these 2 in the "dark"....I can see just fine, but they stumble around like they are blind....even with that thing they hold and point.....:th.....now that thing will surely "blind" ya........o_O.....
20200611_192301_HDR.jpg......peek-a-boo!!....:lol::gig...I have something to tell ya about and Pops said he'd let me tell ya....it was just the "start of another day" and I was "working" the threat of rain to my advantage....🤣...I got Moms to take me out 4 times to play, before Pops got up....:cool:....well, on the 5th time....Moms went to the garden and was "pluckin' and chuckin' " tomatos...I don't know what that is, but that's what Pops told me it was....;)....anyway, it was right over there...
20200611_192456_HDR.jpg.....these 2 stray dogs showed up....in My yard...Moms was distracted in the garden and it was time to "have her back"....now, mind ya these weren't little "ankle biters" or "yappers", but a full grown pit and an austrailian shepard mix.....well, I went at em "full bore" and had em turning circles and "herded" em right off the property....20200531_194436.jpg....I even ran them around the front yard, right there....and they escaped to the neighbors yard by the crepe myrtle bushes....but, I would've chased them back to their home , but I can't cross the line.....:barnie.....anyways, it was sure FUN and if they know what's "good for them" they will stay away!!....:thumbsup
20200611_192541_HDR.jpg......don't blame me...Pops is a little "lopsided" sometimes...and ya can see just what I have to "put up with" around here.....until next time, Thanks All!!!....:frow

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey Gabbie, it's Trip. I read this to Carson, Paris, Sentry and that new kid, Sheba. We all agreed that you did a fine job of protecting your Mom and chasing those bad dogs off. Gotta take care of Mom! Our Mom sits in a lawn chair and we all get hugs, Mom could use some extra arms! Anyway, keep on your toes, never know when those idiots might come back!

Latest posts