CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry, but we didn't snap any....I was busy cooking and my battery is acting up really bad in my phone....the women were off together and Leon and me were visiting at the grill....not sure about Barb....she had me holding animals and was getting a kick with me "talking" to the animals....:)....I didn't think about getting a pic of the wings,....until they were just about gone....there were 28pcs that was cooked and 3-4 were left in the pan with the 4 of us eating....:drool

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, ya need a medium high heat from the grill and I buy the whole wings and cut the drumettes and the middle pc and freeze the tips for stock or dog food additive....once the coals are gray...no black....ya place them thick skin side down and close lid....when ya check them ya want to wait to turn until the topside becomes opaque, but don't char the down side...if the coals are too hot it will char, so if flames choke it down and move pcs to cool spot....once the skin gets to turning golden, then they will release from the grate and ready to flip....ya try and get it turning golden on all sides before slathering the sauce on....otherwise the rendering will shed the sauce.....ya want the sauce to thicken but not burn and the trick is to have sticky sauce, crisp skin, and moist meat....for starting charcoal to taking off the grill is about an hour and when sauce goes on it's about 10 mins before they are off....a thicker sauce is best, thin just drips to the coals....and when I sauce them, I have the sauce in a bowl and dip the whole pc in the bowl and put on the grill....the topside will dry some and stick for a quick caramelizing of the sauce is all that is needed...I use molasses, sorghum, black strap, or honey in my sauce for this reason and they are pretty good!!....I have never had anyone have a complaint yet.....:)

Latest posts