CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have this break in the weather and wanted to take advantage of it, but had a couple of days that I just stayed in bed....felt okay, but just no energy.....like a "wrung out dish rag" as Mom would say...got up this morning with purpose and determination....;).....grabbed the chainsaw and cranked it up....a tank of fuel later and my arms were shaking, most of the cutting was above chest high so the circulation was hampered and hands were numb....it took the rest of the day for it to subside....but, have ya ever tried eating with your arms twitching and shaking?.....I was chasing my own hand around trying to grab a bite as it passed by.....:lol: :gig....what a really weird feeling that was....anyway, should be good tomorrow cause all the cuts are below waist high.....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't over do it with the chainsaw Fred! Those suckers are dangerous enough when you aren't tired. I'm going to have to figure out a carry method for my saws. I have one "holster" on the tractor but the Echo is a beast and it gets tiring. Would like to carry both it and the Stihl so I can use the little one for limbing. Lots of what I cut down is small enough that the "limbs" are only an inch or three.

I have this two purpose conundrum when I go out to mark trees. Want the big ones for cord wood but also want to open up around some midsize trees so they can grow better. But the little ones aren't worth the trouble to cut down for burning wood. How to spend my time????

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Be careful with that chainsaw! Those things scare the heck outta me!
How's Gabbie doing with her skin issues? :)
Much better!!.....she has basically stopped scrathing and biting and all the spots are healing and growing hair again....no new spots for a couple of days now.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I dumped my phone to the computer a couple of wks ago so I don't have any before pics to post with it.....but, we have been "chipping away" thru the weather in this area of the property....
IMAG4457.jpg .....ya can at least see there is a shed, now....this is an area Joyce was pulling vines out of and the next would be looking to the left......
IMAG4460.jpg ...have those trees on the ground and since I took these pics I cut up the tree top and the dead branches that had fallen and hung on other limbs......the next one shows the arc of Gabbie's dish and her path traveled to nab it......
IMAG4458.jpg ....getting more light to the ground.....it may turn into a veggie garden, but we'll see by Jan and get started on some maters and squash....put down some beans and peas....each year is always an "experiment" cause ya are always tweaking or trying something different....something produces real well and something else won't grow no matter what ya do....before we moved in '06 we had fresh tomatos from March to Dec.....but, not off the same plant......always good to grow if ya can...fresh, canned, frozen....even dried will taste much better than any mess from a can.....Gabbie is back to being Gabbie!!.....we have cut back on the baths and she isn't scratching or biting and there are no new spots either......we did trim some of her topcaot and undercoat to allow the shampoo to fully contact the skin and make it easier to get her dry too.....
IMAG4455.jpg ....we put the 1"comb on the clippers that is as good a job as we were willing to endure.....:)