CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good ideas for the cardboard!
How's Gabbie's skin looking? :)
She still has very few spots that are healing, but for the most part she is over the situation....it may take a bit for her to fully recover her fur, but she is shedding her topcoat now....it may not take very long, but she is back to "full power" for sure....we have stopped the baths and she is over-joyed for that.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hooked the phone up to the puter and got a couple of before pics of the areas we have been working on.....before....
1551142579396.jpg
.....after...
IMAG4491.jpg .....at least we can see "progress".....and this is an area that I am still working on....
IMAG4493.jpg .....there is a 6"dia camphor tree right behind the palmetto....and this is the higher area that has to be adressed for the waterflow situation....this is where the pecan trees are located, too.....why people would plant a huge tree so close to a house like a nut tree, just puzzles me.....:lol:......anyway, we will keep working as we can and keep making "headway".....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I hate to cut them, but they are too close to the house and "power in" lines to the house. They certainly were never treated and are covered in webworms....which crawl on the house to spin their cocoons.....they are about 4-5"diam trees right now, but being from Mississippi...I know they reach 60-70' high, with spread too.....I don't mind having a pecan, but not dropping their debris on the roof of the house....not to mention drawing squirrels to the attic.....so, they gotta go.....Bay ya'd be better served just buying them over there....:lol:.....we would sure love a visit!!....but think we could find a much Better reason for it......:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Mini Horses !!.....in amongst our "doings" here we have discussed many things, and I told Joyce today that I'm actually glad we left.....and came back to this area.....our "life" came to a screeching halt back in '05....and we were needed to help Mom and Dad....we did that, and were glad to tend to them.....now, we were brought back here....very similar "conditions".....a better house, but less land.....don't think that it will get boring.....we like to work on plant areas and gardens are in my "blood".....plus, we like unusual plants and always work them into beds......we'll just see what we can find,....and the garden will be a bit unusual to say the least, but I think it will workout pretty good......when I get started working on it, I will start a "thread" on it so it will document the experiment and discussions and corrections.....I'm gonna do it in raised beds.....so, may be interesting to follow along with....all I'm saying is sand as soil is a bottomless, endless "money pit".....it will leach and devour anything ya add to it and scream for more....plus dealing with the ants and such.....we are gonna use haybales for raised beds....there are plenty of places around to get stall cleanings, barn scrapes, or wood chips already composted.....just come get it....so, gonna grow in that, between haybales with landscape cloth underneath it, this will keep the weeds out, but won't stop drainage......anyway, I was wanting to share with all of ya that have been keeping up with us thru all the mess that we have moved on and really Appreciate the support, prayers, advice and concern we received.....also, for those that are in similar situations or find yourself in one....things really do get better, and ya really can move on and make it thru.....but, ya just gotta keep pushing forward.....cause looking back is a waste of time, energy, and usually money......:)

Latest posts