CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am from Canada and well central Alberta. I don't know how to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius in my head. Although we have only reached about 22C here so far this year and it's almost June. I don't think I could handle hot weather? We get a few days in summer of about 32C and I sweat my butt off. Don't need AC here really. I shut the windows, close the curtains and turn on the basement summer fan. Plus regular fans are placed around the house.
Screenshot_20200525-141906.png..Screenshot_20200525-115317.png

I totally understand, but I sure couldn't handle the Cold...we have alot less pain in the warmth....what really creates an issue is humidity and that makes breathing difficult....except for the winter mnths our lows are about your 22c degrees and the highs are above your 32c most Everyday....our AC is equal to your heat at their respective times of use.....in the southern states, nobody has a basement fan to pull air to cool the house....but, have the fan in the attic...course with the central air being widespread, the use of an attic fan has been greatly reduced and not many have them....however, ceiling fans and box fans are readily used....even at picnics or backporch sitting....they also keep the skeeters off ya somewhat......especially if ya are sitting in the breeze..... 🤣

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
View attachment 74282..View attachment 74283

I totally understand, but I sure couldn't handle the Cold...we have alot less pain in the warmth....what really creates an issue is humidity and that makes breathing difficult....except for the winter mnths our lows are about your 22c degrees and the highs are above your 32c most Everyday....our AC is equal to your heat at their respective times of use.....in the southern states, nobody has a basement fan to pull air to cool the house....but, have the fan in the attic...course with the central air being widespread, the use of an attic fan has been greatly reduced and not many have them....however, ceiling fans and box fans are readily used....even at picnics or backporch sitting....they also keep the skeeters off ya somewhat......especially if ya are sitting in the breeze..... 🤣
We get humid in summer at times. The cold can definitely take your breath away. -40C and windchill gets brutal! We all adapt to our areas though.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is @Baymule on the celsius scale....I just stick with what I know and understand....this world is confusing enough without adding to it....I'm still trying to "adjust" to all the definitions "changing"....it's almost like having to learn a new language..... :lol:

This thread reminds me of explaining flight navigation at McMurdo Station in Antartica. It's almost always freezing even in summer and when you fly down there, no matter which direction you go, your instruments say North. :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We actually didn't make it out of the mid 80s yesterday....had .4" in the gauge, but it was wet all day....today....yep...Sun was bright this morning and had "instant humidity" just waiting to greet it....was 76 with 92%....got to 91 today.....🙃....<<--that's a pic of someone at the South Pole.....:lol:......have an update for Gabbie.....this is her "I might be Interested" face.....20200525_192808.jpg.....and this is her "I Like it, I Like it" face.....20200525_192950.jpg.....needless to say, but she likes Nilla wafers....had some left from making banana puddin'......🤣