Coffee anyone ?

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
thanks for the coffee. got time to finish my cup before taking dstr#4 to the doctor today. gonna pass on the donuts though it is hard. I love the chocolate ones. youall have a blessed day

TheCuteOrpington

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
thanks for the coffee. got time to finish my cup before taking dstr#4 to the doctor today. gonna pass on the donuts though it is hard. I love the chocolate ones. youall have a blessed day/[QUOTE]

Backatcha gurl!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I lived through so many hurricanes as a kid.... they just don't phase me :hide (yeah, bad me). And yeah, I lived on the coast... Galveston and then Houston.

It didn't help that my dad's mom always prayed for super big ones (with a "please God, make sure it doesn't kill anyone" thrown in) since that was the only way she got any rain. (hill country of Texas)

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Morning all. I finished off the last of the coffee from yesterday and as soon as I wake up some more I'll get a fresh pot going.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had coffee and went outside to a lovely day with lower temps. Fed, opened coops, headed to barn with empty buckets..heard all the roos screaming, turned in time to see a gray fox grab a young hen and run. Ran out and look for more, see none, chickens all ran at coops.......

tomorrow it will be daybreak with gun in hand! Sure ruined what I thought was gonna be a nice day!! :mad: Was one of this years hatch, too. I mean...take the 4 yr old!!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry your day started that way! That sure did break up your serene morning. Stinks! Get him tomorrow!

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
, turned in time to see a gray fox grab a young hen and run. Ran out and look for more, see none, chickens all ran at coops.......

tomorrow it will be daybreak with gun in hand! Sure ruined what I thought was gonna be a nice day!! :mad: Was one of this years hatch, too. I mean...take the 4 yr old!!
Even a fox is smart enough to want a tender chicken!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had coffee and went outside to a lovely day with lower temps. Fed, opened coops, headed to barn with empty buckets..heard all the roos screaming, turned in time to see a gray fox grab a young hen and run. Ran out and look for more, see none, chickens all ran at coops.......

they never take the ones you want to get rid of...

:hugs sorry for your loss. Hope you get the varmint!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK, it's 4:54 here & I'm having coffee, waiting for a hint of daylight. Heard first roo crow slightly. Will leave coops closed for a while but, there are about a dozen who do not roost in them. So, they are at risk. Never know when they will be back but be back they will!!! At close up last night I was missing a hen and one of her month old chicks. Other 4 were at usual roost. Guess I lost another..........:( They were definitely inside after sighting yesterday AM. So, later in day. It is not likely she & one chick were elsewhere!

I did get a 100' of wire 2x4 over the one side of 4 slat wood fence, need to do another 20' this morning and the tube gate. Now I realize they can dig under and all that but, so far this has been a snatch and run type with no signs of any attempts at the ones in pens, at the coops, etc. Hope to deter and kill.
Of course, birds can fly over but most happily wander the pastures and behave. I will move two portable coops that I use for broodies & grow outs into the larger fenced area. It will be easier to close all but, confusing for the birds for a few days. OH, WELL!

We shall see what today brings. I'm thinking breakfast would work right now...a quick one. Probably a nap later, also. :p