Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Got more lathe down yesterday. Nice and frosty outside. But sunny.
Crazy as some people think we can all survive with meat. My kiddos don't have phones, they do have WiFi tablets... very limited on what they can do. None can just surf the web. They can survive without devices, but not bacon.... bacon is a necessity around here. :p

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your description is enough. What is wrong with parents? Why don't they filter the phones, computers and gadgets their kids use? Oh, I know. Parents don't want to be bothered.
Some think it's OK. :eek:. Wasn't that way years back but, sooooo much has changed! Not for the best but, certainly changed. This is a remember your age moment.

As to the meatless meal day -- I have those. Not that it is planned but, it's what I may eat that day. Especially in summer when the garden is producing well! In fact, sometimes a couple of them a week. 😁.

So I've done chores, check new babes, filled thoughts, etc. We had a 30 degree morning and when I wet to the goat barn, everyone was calmly laying there and sorta "purring". It was like tiny grunts coming from seemingly everyone. :idunno. Very rhythmic. They hopped up and hurried to the fresh hay as soon as they heard me putting it out. Then it was all chomp, chomp. The light frost was gone except for shade areas. Two of them look like they could pop any minute. One, big enough for trips again -- hope just twins. Good mom, just don't need trips.

Now I can have my second cup and breakfast! Put a pot of chicken leg qtrs on to cook for DD dogs. She will add it to other stuff. Found 10# bags for $3.90 the other day. Rarely find that price! So got 2 for her. She'll get one pkg frozen, which it was when bought, other cooked and she can debone.

Have some things to do out there....better get at it! :frow. Break time over.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
What?

A meal without meat?

Or "meat-out" as in cook meat outside... so some odd new way to say BBQ?
Apparently we are supposed to go a day without meat. Not sure how our family could manage, because we really will need our freezer space come July, and currently the only way we will be able to fit 20 chickens in there is if we eat meat daily.
Politicians get the big head and think they are better than the rest of us, then they start coming up with stupid rules, then laws that are for us, but not themselves. Meat out indeed, probably while he's having a steak from one of those cows whose farts are killing the ozone layer. :smack

On your meat out day, have a double helping of beef. LOL
Totally agree. The current plan is to enjoy our elk well cooked, and maybe BBQ with friends (we actually don't eat beef at our house, but we have a variety of wild game).
If it makes the situation more entertaining, I think like the 23rd of March is going to be Ag. day in Colorado. Perhaps he noticed a screw-up and is trying to cover?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
but Colorado is supposed to have a "meat-out" day. Anyone got ideas for a meal that we can cook without using something from one of our four freezers?
Seems easy enough. Take the MEAT OUT of the freezer and cook it :D

Your description is enough. What is wrong with parents? Why don't they filter the phones, computers and gadgets their kids use? Oh, I know. Parents don't want to be bothered.
More than likely don't even know that song is there to filter. I heard about it some months ago when they were talking about it on NPR and said "that is all we can play of that song". And it wasn't much. I guess there must be a lot of sex or swearing in it? I'm sure more kids went to find the song online when they heard they weren't supposed to listen to it. Have to know why you aren't supposed to know!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like that @Bruce ... take the MEAT OUT of the freezer and cook it. :lol::gig:yesss::yesss::yesss::thumbsup . I have meatless days just because of being too late in the evening coming home from testing to cook. And in the summer I do eat more vegetables because they are fresh out of the garden. In fact I find myself craving vegetables in the winter; missing the fresh out of the garden ones. But on days I can cook, I don't think there is ever a "meat out" day..... and once I get my stove in the house I intend to do more cooking.... can't wait to get back to cooking on gas again....
I will be doing just that.... taking the MEAT OUT of the freezer and cooking it.....

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I guess there must be a lot of sex or swearing in it?
That is actually ALL the song is. I can't even put the actual title on here.
Makes me think of all the moms driving around with their little girls in the car from new born to 18 and singing along.😢😭😢:somad:somad:somad

Take the "MEAT OUT of the freezer. I should've done that and grilled yesterday when it was nice and not so windy.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think you should get out the bbq or smoker that day and make the world smell lovely and then have spaghetti or cheese lasagna the next day to declare your independence.
Great idea!
Seems easy enough. Take the MEAT OUT of the freezer and cook it :D
Maybe that's what we're supposed to do that day, guess I hadn't thought that he really does want us to get meat out in the morning, and grill it that night.
I like that @Bruce ... take the MEAT OUT of the freezer and cook it. :lol::gig:yesss::yesss::yesss::thumbsup . I have meatless days just because of being too late in the evening coming home from testing to cook. And in the summer I do eat more vegetables because they are fresh out of the garden. In fact I find myself craving vegetables in the winter; missing the fresh out of the garden ones. But on days I can cook, I don't think there is ever a "meat out" day..... and once I get my stove in the house I intend to do more cooking.... can't wait to get back to cooking on gas again....
I will be doing just that.... taking the MEAT OUT of the freezer and cooking it.....
Hate to say it, but on days that I am lazy and on my own, it is a lot easier to make something without meat, but most definitely I will me taking the MEAT OUT of the freezer in the morning to celebrate meat out day.

Thank you everyone for helping me get ideas on how to properly celebrate MEAT OUT day.