Coffee anyone ?

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, can I just say that chickens do not live to be 8! I have had a few very special birds who were ancient, but that is in no means average. And ducks only living to be 6? They seem to have longer lifespans than chickens. Seriously, which decrepit, undead, animals were they calculating? Was it their child’s goldfish that magically changes slightly every so often? Okay, I’m done.
Agreed! I have three birds that are approaching 7, but that's super rare.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have 5 that were 7 this just passed Feb...bought as day old chicks. Three are still laying. :) Been good hens! Two roos also 7 one more Is 6. Most don't do so well. Then there's the 36 y/o mini stallion still doing good...but slowing down. This is geriatric acres. 😁 :old

Another set of goat twins late afternoon. Just checked and a doe in barn appears to be starting labor, so will be out checking again in half HR or so, she's ready and a wide load...at least twins, trips wouldn't surprise me. That will leave 2 more to kid any day. I thanked everyone for holding out for this good weather!! Dry, warm, sunshine days. Still low 50s out there now and most of the herd are laying outside. :pop

Had made a check, thinking I'd go to bed early. Cancel that. Probably a couple hours wait now. Then I'll feel ok. Other two looked comfy and settled down with others. Probably tomorrow or Thur for them. So far 4 black kids & 50/50 split. Last yr almost all white.:idunno Just like Christmas.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Ground Worked DD's pony yesterday, he quite a bit calmer and behaved. I will keep ground working for awhile, maybe adding a surcingle next week.
Also pulled down another wall's worth of lathe and did some clean up at the farm, bits of plaster still in the lathe. On Sunday we got the dog mess cleaned up, they came back and tore up another area:he Monday night. Got some game cameras out again.
Today school and get my hair cut, it's overdue. Not sure plans this afternoon.
We are up to 17 kits, another polish had 4 and she is fostering a lone surviving mini rex.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee I’m on my last cup. Still dark outside but getting a glimmer of sunrise. Took the 4 year old on a 5 mile ride on Pearl. The 6 year old watched cartoons with Papaw. They fed bottle lambs, petted all that would stand still for them and enjoyed the sheep. Today’s plans are to go to the zoo in Tyler. We’ll see how that goes, supposed to NOT rain.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Doe code rules. -- just yanking my chain. No new kids. 😁

Sunshine and 70s today. :clap Heading to work shortly. Need more coffee first.

Getting things together this week for a big fence replacement job. Thousand foot. Most posts in will remain, some getting replaced or repositioned. DS walking the section for count and marking posts. It's 20 yrs old, and field fence, so goat type replacing it. Some areas still ok for garden vine support and patch use still viable. Just in time -- garden needs to happen! Got a call fence material arrived yesterday. Great!! Hope to do another 600' of cross fence by end of month. Took old down, all posts still up and strong...just a pasture graze area control thing. Straight, level, quick one day job. Just need the one day! :\ DS and tractor will do most...he owes me. He'll go pick up the 6 rolls tomorrow...330' each. It's like having a barn full of winter hay feeling!

Hope everyone else has a great day! :yesss:

Longhornbreeder101

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good morning all and thanks for the coffee. Go work for a local wood worker today loading up some benches. Then clean up some things that I won't be able to get to after it starts raining tonight.

All grandbabies like the zoo.
Good morning ! Someone’s hungry haha
E86CE20F-D02D-4C5A-8FDE-D3C14CD8F271.jpeg