Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We've had upper 80s with humidity almost same until couple days ago. First cold front just took out humidity...nice! Now second cold front brought cooler temps along. It was only 65 at get up this morning. After early week, thought I was cold! 😁 🤫 so had left windows open...I don't even put my AC to these temps. Brrrrr...:caf. Will be real nice to go outside and work today. Once dew dries some.

Sunny, cool, long list of "to dos". Yep. Three days to play like I'm retired. :old

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
morning all gonna be cleaning house today slacked off yesterday. dh and dd1 were upset so tried to distract them as possible. long story but lets just say sometimes family sucks. but today dd1 has some school then i am gonna find out what we going to do for fathers day this weekend. might rent a cabin for a day or so and see if we can just get away or might look at doing something else.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Storms moving through! Yes we need the rain! Just a few sprinkles so far. :fl

Last day to work on several the 4H projects, DH and DS are building a rifle rack... they started it last night. :rolleyes: DD2 is finished and we're washing/drying DD1's tie dye tshirt today... they're not turning out the greatest but oh well. Her Poster is finished. She'll still have 3 projects but they go in next week on different days/times. Needs to make her electric project (DH's thing), cookies and pick/make a bouquet. DS has a lamp to rewire for his electric project again (DH's thing). The two older ones have their tractor driving tests on Monday, the obstacle course is the following Monday. Wednesday is part 1 of the horse show. Sigh... ready for the next two weeks to be done so we can rest. o_O

One of the does is nesting this morning, better late than never!! The doe who didn't have have a litter until she was 3, so that's super great! And her litter should tell me more about the buck's genotype! :bunny:yesss:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We went to Livingston to see friends today. Found out DS was in Alto, working on a school, so on the way back, we stopped. That’s the crane he runs, that’s him on the left walking back.

F041F905-439B-4F79-B787-922CE4E3556C.jpeg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
My very cool morning quickly went to upper 80s ! Before that I did all the errands I'd been putting off,. PD bills on line and started farm stuff after. Unloaded feed, did chores and released goats into big field where I'd made fence repairs yesterday. YES!!!!!! Still in there....walking that fence line but, have discovered the escape is gone and settled down to graze.

I walked to back to pick blackberries, then took tractor to use front end loader as my extension ladder to get up and over! Just climbed the arms and settled in the loader, over and among the canes. Nice. Berries are larger than past, so by sun night I'll have a real good batch.

Before, while walking back to get tractor, I found several passion fruit vines. One had about 6 fruits. Strange. These aren't maypops as best as I can tell but, I'm on the border of temps for the varieties. Guess that's a "find" of sorts. 😁 I'd rather "find" ginsing. :idunno. They are along the old RR track. Lot of mullion out there, too.
But these passion vines are in a gully formed by the raised tracks, with a LOT of rock, so a big heat bank for them. Now, I wait for them to ripen. Hope the groundhogs don't get them first! Grandad used to hunt groundhog. Grams cooked it. Hmmmm 🤔

Also noticed my behind me neighbor had filled some groundhog tunnels along the ridge...maybe that's why I've seen activity back on my field again. Trap time!

Funny what you find when you stay home. :rolleyes:

Last edited: