Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule I suppose lot of it has to do with a mother who was so wrapped up in herself that we weren't allowed to do any extra curriculars except 4H and then many times we were on our own for educating ourselves on projects.
Am grateful for the opportunities I have to teach and guide my kids.

Forgot still had cookies to bake for DD1 project... so the cages still need cleaned. Guess they'll have to be done tomorrow rain or not. SB practice got cancelled so staying home and relaxing...well trying.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good for you, Bay! I slept until my internal clock and the rooster on my porch said awaken! Up shortly after, soon as I got my bearings. Then, whoa....don't move until the back gets stretched out! After a few minutes of dangling upside down and rotation in rythm to the sharp spurting pain of cramped muscles, I stumbled to the kitchen and pushed the buttons on the coffee pot. That rascal has an auto timer to start, need to find directions again. :lol: I'll feel like I have ghost partner then!

After coffee and a look at BYH I headed out. Looked at some of today's rework on some old fence...it's everywhere!...and listened to hens and chicks talking. Some of the does were pretty vocal this morning, in response to kids hollering for them. Noisy morning! Opened coops and see that "something" came out from under the one....stuck hose back in and flooded again! I will win this. 🤬

Then decided to weed eat what I could, then recharge batteries while I worked other stuff. Only bad thing with this type...batteries and power. So, an hour got done. Have a spark plug to switch out in tiller. Load some wire to take to my "construction site" to cover my board fence with wire to keep goat kids in/out....they are SO, SO adept at this. I've watched them scoot under a board to shoulders, then lay on their side, then use legs like they are running to push/pull selves under! Boggles your mind!! They get thru places you would bet a weeks pay it couldn't. :oops::idunno

My hydrate break is over. Back at it!

Last edited:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lunch break. 4H judging is finished for non livestock projects. We have tractor driving Monday, Rabbits Tuesday and 2nd day of Horse and Pony on Wednesday. Need to get outside and clean those rabbit cages. Then if the rain doesn't restart SB game tonight.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woke up at 4:30 AM Had coffee, but drank it all. LOL LOL Think I'll put Ringo and the big girls in Pasture #2 and let the little girls graze the yard today. They lay up in the heat of the day. A few days ago, the sheep were grazing, I didn't see the little girls anywhere. Finally found them, they crawled under the stock trailer and were laying in dog-dug holes! LOL LOL
Y'all have a great weekend!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are mid 70s at start up but, 100% humidity...it's raining! 😁 had a good rain late afternoon, it stopped. More last night, which woke me. More this morn and poss scattered later. Not complaining because we are set to be dry and hot for next 7-10 days, 75 nights and 90 days. So this moisture is needed. Pastures appreciate it.

Haven't been off this many days in a row for so long that I'm feeling strange...not sure day of week without phone to check ....anxiety of "what am I not doing?" :lol: this is unusual. Have 2 more days, back to work Mon. If I retired, how would I make it??? Everyday is a Saturday? I'll muddle thru :old:love:caf. Need to go check tunnel city.:oops:

Latest posts