Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lunch break. So far two batches of green beans canned, more are snapped but have a meeting so they'll keep.

So have been window shopping for a pony for dd1... yes she has one but she's very small, 24 years old and has allergy/asthma cough.... so very much debating. We decided that Richie is too much for her, he got very nervous at the 4h show... needs work on herd bound issues. I like having 7 ponies/horses and less would be even better but... she loves riding. Going to restart riding lessons here in a couple of weeks. Horse/pony prices are plain stupid. So trying to wait until fall.... There's a really nice one but price is out of budget... they will lease but... not sure I like that. Anyways that's what I've been being distracted by.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well got one more seed pack of corn in the ground after i finally got outside and it start pouring rain after i got four more rows done i should have done five but oh well to late now. Have lots more seed packs to go.... very wet year here and cool which is weird.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I picked green beans, BJ snapped them. Canned 10 pints. I also pulled my Painters Mountain corn and shucked it. Sure enough the 3” of rain we got Monday had done it’s damage. Most was ok, but some was sprouting and moldy. Ears are spread on the table to dry.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'd share rain. You're right @farmerjan that stuff that came across NC/VA line gave me a good soaking! Couple days in a row, mostly late day and night. But a good pasture rain. Even a little before daybreak this morning. Prob more Sun.

So traps by coop caught a big ole possum last night. He won't bother another coop..RIP. Bated and left them out again. Who knows what's out there!?!

Need to get some sleep.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning feels good for now outside trick is getting outside. lol i wake up early and two of four get up early if i sleep in they do as well. They have this down now lol. Got rain yesterday and alot of it. Going to weed and plant some more. Outside of that school abd house work.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Weather good. Work, not so much. First store we couldn't do set as plans needed not arrived, second time! Time and gas expenses. Second store. One job, parts and product not arrived! Did do another smaller job there. Now they auto reschedule those jobs but, really screws up your schedule for later. :eek: Already had big jobs at 3 stores cancel at last minute. Then reschedule in a week already too busy. This is what makes you mad! :he Apparently there are a lot of shipping problems!?

So home I am! But some things can't happen here -- didn't plan for today or 1/2 day.

This may be why retirement is a good thing! Only self to blame! :lol::old:idunno:caf