Coffee anyone ?

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Sara Ranch , I steamed the cauliflower until slightly soft (approx. 20 min) then I coated it with a lightly salted butter/bread crumb mixture and baked at 350 for half an hour. If you like cauliflower, you might really like this.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Leftover pie is in the fridge.
Was out late visiting my sis and family. May be awhile before we see them again. But DH is on call and has a combine head to fix so am up to make the coffee and throw snacks in his lunch box.

Sara Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
@Pastor Dave - who was missing? You could have invited Sourland's ghost over to fill the empty spot. ;)

@Bunnylady - always!! I do that for most things I bake in the oven. (Did that for the pecan pies I baked.) It doesn't quite work that way with ice cream... and when I made butter pecan [rum] ice cream for the first time yesterday, the stuff spilled over in the ice cream maker and froze the container to the bottom of the machine!! :lol: Had to spoon that ice cream out, one bite at a time. I mean, just a few sample bites were necessary to determine that the ice cream was worth saving!

@Alaskan - I am so sorry things weren't wonderful for you this Thanksgiving. Next year, feel free to ditch the hub and the MIL and come over to my place. Have to eat around the animal schedule, but it works out so well. They eat. We eat. We sit and talk. They eat again and go to bed. We get to enjoy more food.

Your cornbread stuffing sounds wonderful! I have that same icky label too. I have to avoid gluten or suffer majorly horrible, need to rush to ER room symptoms. I have found that taking a probiotic helps lessen any exposure to gluten. And over a long time of taking the probiotics, there appears to be a slightly less painful reaction to gluten.

If you have any favorite recipes, gluten free of course, I would love see them. I'd be happy to share too.

@Sourland - cauliflower is on my no list, but I am very willing to grow it and cook it for others. I was making cauliflower crust and my young adult son was in the living room. (I know, I just dated myself.) I asked if he liked cauliflower and he said very adamantly "NO!!" He said he HATED it!!! Ok. I snickered. He's obviously NOT paying attention to me or he would have seen me processing the cauliflower. Made the pizza crust, made the pizza, and he scarfed it up!! :lol: And didn't believe me that cauliflower was the main crust ingredient! :lol: He HATES beets and the pizza sauce was beets and carrots. :lol: I am such a good mom, sneaking in veggies like that. :D

Made Gluwein (warmed German spiced red wine) for the first time too. It was delicious! Going to made some more mulling spice combos to make future Gluwein.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
dang! @Sara Ranch all of that food sounded great!

my favorite gluten free food is chocolate souffle. :lol: most recipes naturally ask for zero flour. actually been awhile since I made any. They sure are good though.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Sara Ranch, we lost my Dad in June to Dementia and renal failure. It was the first holiday for Mom and my sister and us without him. We had a good day, and know we will see him again someday.

On a side note, a family that is renovating their Grandma's house near me has asked I come and cleanse and bless it in January. In my Faith, we don't do it very often, but it should prove to be interesting. :ep

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Coffee is brewed.

@Sara Ranch, scoff not at the ghost. I may have muttered, "If the stove works for Thanksgiving, we won't host Christmas." :hide

The stove worked for Thanksgiving, and has continued to work ever since. Can a ghost have electrical aptitude ?

Sara Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
@Alaskan - have you made chocolate from scratch? Yums!!! I enjoy playing with flavors. Lol - I made white chocolate once and took it to a planning meeting. There was one prissy, not well liked/tolerated person there, who appointed herself "overseer" of the meeting. She (per the rules whoever made up) was not allowed to participate, but she INSISTED on being there to be a "liaison" and an "authority". (Translate - she was there to spy on us since the bylaws, according to her bestest friend said her bestest friend, could not be on the committee.) Ok, whatever.

Everyone tried the white chocolate, but she refused & said something unkind. I encouraged her to at least take a small piece and nibble bite it. If she still thought it was "disgusting" she could easily spit it out. Even gave her a napkin. The pressure was on! She did try it. Ate the whole thing. And another piece. And another piece. And another piece. This continued for two hours. I didn't have any left to take home. Hate white chocolate, huh? :confused:

@Pastor Dave - *hugs* I think it's an honor that you have been asked to do a blessing. :)

@Sourland - Absolutely! :)

A lot depends on emotions and age of ghost (when the human died.) How long it's been around, etc. But yeah, ghosts can tweak electrical stuffs. Even the new stuffs, like LED motion sensor lights.

Last edited: