Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Home for 4 days! Nice. Coffee pot is full. Help yourself...teabags there if you'd rather that. It's an overcast morning, 74 out and a front passing, so maybe scattered showers.:idunno They say it's a cold front and temps will remain stable with some drier air late day. I'm good with all of that!

Not a lot on my list today...look over goats and decide who needs to be separated for sale on Saturday. Decide where and how to manage to cut them from the others. Then I need to decide where to rehouse the half grown pullets....which coop. Yep, this is looking like a walk around day. Grass may dry enough to do more cutting by late day. Plenty of things to select from to keep me busy the whole weekend. I'll have to pass the rolls of fence, waiting to go up, as I get the trailer out to ready for transport. :rolleyes:guilt!

Hope everyone has a great day!! I will....:frow

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cloudy here and we had some rain last night and still a bit more to come. But the radar shows that @Mini Horses might be getting more than some passing showers... Don't know what we got but it was more than they said, as we were supposed to get passing showers and I heard the thunder and went out and shut the truck windows and got a good hard shower and got wet, then it rained more. Heard it a couple times... Maybe it just was short quick ones...
64 and comfortable. Got up late, didn't sleep all that good.... have some stuff on the back of the truck to take to dumpster.... going to stay here and do some stuff after I eat a bit.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We spent all of our money and bought a bobcat with attachments.

:ep

Used of course, and old, but still spendy.

Remember, our plow truck died....

Just wow... talk about a learning curve! It will take me a bit to learn how to use it. Kid 3, the all things mechanical boy, hopped right up and worked on the driveway with it. He was able to smooth out all the bumps and dips.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have time to mess with it and learn! Maybe Kid 3 will give you a lesson or two. 😁

Our "off and on" showers dumped 2 1/4 inches, in spurts. Could have been worse, as 30 miles north they got almost double that! Yep. Boots for evening chores. :confused:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have a bobcat on the farm and DS is VERY GOOD running it. I have never been in it because of the knees and not in the list to do right now. Next year I hope... and the 4 wheeler too when I can get on and off easier...

I am sorry you got dumped on @Mini Horses. The radar here was showing you would get some real storms.... we got all of .1... yep one tenth... between last night and this morning... Sun came out by noon and it was nice... cooled off this eve...

Last edited:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Sent DH back to work this morning. He's doing great... (last day of steriod! :oops:) praying he does ok off of it!!! And he's got permission to only work 1/2 a day if he feels bad. Getting back to doing a few things myself....not easy depending A LOT on my DS (who turns 13 next week! :oops:)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another day of 70s. Rains gone, cooler, drier air...supposed to be this and mid 80s all week! I'm loving that forcast. 😁 Didn't get to much yesterday with rains. Today I'll separate goats heading to sale tomorrow, into their own paddock. Willhook trailer late day and leave it and truck set at loading area for morning jump in.

Slept late -- for me -- 7 am! Actually slept well last night. So I'm feeling pretty good and enjoying my coffee. Heading out in a while for a day of farm work.

Found two Boer bucks that I'm looking at this weekend. One is a cross with?...prob Kiko from what I see in pics. Yeah, my meat goat herd addition still working and the buck is important. I can see results early 2022 by crossing him with does I have now, dairy girls but, large ones. That helps show how strong his genetics are for the bulk carcass input since the meat breed girls add their own size, this way I see what he adds. It can only improve or he'll be short term. A commercial herd is about good production, ease of care, profit from sale of kids. My dairy girls give me more personal interaction with milking. ;)

I have a plan. 🙃 Buying can be fun.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sun up... COOL 53 this morning.... going to haul a group of steers to the sale today, for a friend that we rent part of his place. Was going to do it around 8-9 but things change and DS can't get off work to come help load until about noon... Just have to get there before 2, to unload...
Going in to do some stuff in the kitchen.. and will hang a load of clothes before I leave, after the grass is dry. Time to eat some breakfast (?) since I thought I would be gone and on my way back by now....