Coffee anyone ?

Thefarmofdreams

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Cecilia's-herd DEFINITELY slow down if you're pregnant! I didn't realize. You are definitely not too old to ride, but 5 months along is NOT the time to start riding. It hurts. LOL. (i retrained a QH i needed to sell at 6months along... it was not fun. And at 35, I still ride hard. and would totally actively barrel race if i had the entry fees... lol) And I think Bay said, you aren't part of the living for 2 years... .she wasn't lying. My kiddo is just 2 and he's still glued to me AT ALL TIMES. You don't get a ton of you time and freedom (and unless you're VERY lucky, exhausted. Babies are designed to wake up frequently, and you with them.) So definitely look for the horse, sign up for lessons. but don't make big commitments until you get through the newborn stage, at minimum! :hugs

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Cecilia's-herd DEFINITELY slow down if you're pregnant!
My whole life has been GO GO GO! And now my life has just kinda stopped short. I think I’m going to start coaching rugby instead of playing it at the moment. I’m going to miss the adrenaline rush for sure… I feel so capable and strong. My mom is practically loosing her mind with worrying.
Now I’m not an expert in these thing but I feel like a horse back ride would be a great way to send you into labor… something to consider 🤣

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Cecilia's-herd And... not to burst your bubble further but it's hard to stop at one baby. As soon as they hit 2ish the baby cravings started up for me.
My oldest is 9 and youngest is 3. We are just getting really active in hobbies again. Now we did start kids a good decade later than you and never lived near family. That makes a huge difference in leisure time available.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another day awaits our adventures. My weather isn't much better, overcast, dampish, coolish...blah! On flip side, coffee is good! Help yourself.

Now I know this is a touch early but, with "all things" limping along with stores and suppliers, our need for garden seed becomes a consideration. After all, we all have this come up every winter. So I began to look at sites. Wow....Prices are way up. Park seed even lists the number of seed...no weight...so 15 seed for $6.95. I mean, this is bad! Tomatoes and peppers...not even new or exotics. :oops: This is not a site a use, just one of those magic emails we all get. Even so, places I normally use are showing obvious price increases. There are already several out of stock items. Hope many of us have saved seed! I know I have some, thankfully..... Be ready to share your excess :love

Now that's off my chest! Next, it's chicken molting time. Feathers everywhere! Really gives me a pounding heart when I find a lot floating....you look for a carcass and then see the half naked, freakish looking bird clucking along! :hu:clap:yesss: during my rounds yesterday, I discovered my setting hen no longer was. Day before, was...now all eggs gone! Not even a shell. So...:idunnoShes fine. First thought. Snake. But haven't seen any around. No seeming entry into coop....oh well....all chickens were ok.

My call to seller on tractor implement trace got me "we will talk to FedEx and get back within 48 hrs. Okay?". Of course it's not ok! But, what are my options??!! I'm not happy and this not acceptable......I'm waiting. :he

What are y'all doing today???? :lol::caf

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Cecilia's-herd ; I did not make the comments I made to be negative. I rode regularly until nearly my 8th month, on a very nice well mannered horse ......that was my barrel racing horse.... but who also was not a nut/wound up type of horse. She would carry my little sister safely but when she knew we were going to go for a "real ride" she was ready to GO. For someone to "start"with a horse, being pregnant is not the time. I neglected alot of my horses' time when I was pregnant but more so after my son was born.... I got her when I was 15 at 1 1/2 yrs old. Broke, trained her myself.... I had plenty of riding experience prior to getting "my very own horse". Baby sat and anything I could do so that I could pay for her, feed etc... part of the deal to learn responsibility my parents said. She went through my marriage, pregnancy, baby, divorce, move to Va, son growing up and my many many long hard work hours... lost her when she was 28.....and I was in my 40's....

The thing that you may not realize at 22 is that kids take an inordinate amount of time and energy. I was nearly 20 when I had my son and I was fit and active and he about wore me out...And I used to log in more than 30 hours a week as the neighborhood babysitter... with 2-5 at a time in the evenings...and I had a little sister at 11 so was a big part of her "caregiver" as there were also 2 very active brothers only a few years younger than me that it was all my mom could do to keep up with too......It is a juggling act for the first several years. I took him with me on the horse for short little rides when he was very stable at sitting up and holding on... but he HAD to come first. I went stir crazy at times wanting to go out to the barn, and he was sleeping and knew it was not safe to get too far away. I was an hour away from my parents so no easy "come babysit for 2 hours please" so I could go ride.

I think coaching rugby and doing any and every other physical activity that you can do is great. Up to being careful of the "belly".... so nothing happens that you can possibly prevent. But once the little one is here, your focus will change, as it rightly should. And there will be days that you will want to pull your hair out to have an hour to just talk to another adult in a conversation that actually is in paragraphs and not in 3 word sentences.... That is the world of being a parent. They are the greatest gift and the greatest test of your life.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
And just a little added.... I went riding at my "term due date, " as one of our brittany spaniels got out of her pen and into the several hundred acres woods behind us...to look for her..... and it didn't help to bring on labor.... When we were debating to go to a poultry show on my due weekend... I had a dr appt on Friday and he said, go, there are hospitals in NH if you go into labor... and went to my gf's house to confirm she would feed the chickens at home while we were gone... and promptly slipped and went down 13 narrow steep stairs to the bottom... on my bottom....and nothing... tried the bumpy road ride in the car.... DS was just not in a hurry to be born. Finally after being dialated about 5-6 cm....for over a week, they put me in and induced me....

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning.
Ran over after chores to the farm... power outage due to storm damage again last night. It was back on but I went ahead and filled the coolers with the pork and veggies and brought them home as we had room. That way we don't have to worry about it again. Or if DH and DS get their deer it can be plugged back in. Had a top of a cedar tree come down too, no damage and it wasn't in the road fortunately.
Did get the applesauce all canned last night and and some tomato slices in the dehydrator yesterday. Today it's school and riding lessons, for DD1 AND DS! Excited to see how he does and how he likes it but he wants to show in the 4H with his sister so he needs some lessons.

Latest posts