Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Snowing out. @Alaskan you'd feel right at home AND be happy with these smaller amounts. 😁. With that in mind, wish I could send it to you. 🤫 Bitter cold out there for our area. Windy to add to the insult. Cold day and night so, breaking icy water tubs. Will have to tote hot water tomorrow.

News says, "All 23 of the areas plow trucks are working 24/7 in 12 hr shifts", just to keep mains clear and covered with sand, brine, etc, etc. My road sometimes gets attention because it is a connector to two mains...but not always their route. 🤷 It's ok, I'm home for 5 days. 👍 Should be melted by then.

Legamin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey folks, when BYC switches over to 'look but don't touch' for several days we're going to need a coffee stop. I've set up a big tent with coffee pots and hot water supply. It isn't fancy, but it will work for a few days. Always accessible, and milk is in the refrigerator. Throw your trash in the cans, tidy up, and first person here each morning please get things started. Stop in to say, "Good Morning".

Sour your temporary coffee man.
Sounds great! I’ve been a coffee addict….er…. Connoisseur for the majority of the last 50 years but I haven’t heard of BYC! Of recent I began ording exotic specialty green coffee ’beans’ and roasting my own because my favorite coffee roaster moved out of the area. For a while I wouldn’t drink anything but Kopi Luwak from a private little coffee plantation owned by some friends in Indonesia…they are still recovering from the tsunami. I’ll have to do some research and check yours out!

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sounds great! I’ve been a coffee addict….er…. Connoisseur for the majority of the last 50 years but I haven’t heard of BYC! Of recent I began ording exotic specialty green coffee ’beans’ and roasting my own because my favorite coffee roaster moved out of the area. For a while I wouldn’t drink anything but Kopi Luwak from a private little coffee plantation owned by some friends in Indonesia…they are still recovering from the tsunami. I’ll have to do some research and check yours out!
Byc is one of our sister sites! We haven’t seen Sour in quite some time, this has developed into the place where we greet each other in the morning!! So, Good Morning! ❤️

I love how thoroughly you shop for ethically sourced coffee! Very interesting info.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses ... we did not get more than a couple of snowflakes.... but it got down to 6 degrees last night. Don't see any wind out there this morning... it is up to 38 where the sun is shining on the temp recorder on the porch... it will drop a few once the sun moves a bit but looks like the afternoon will warm up around that temp. The sun is out real good. Glad to see it and it will make the air "breatheable" by not being so awful cold.
VDOT works 12 hr shifts here everytime we get "weather"... DS is on the 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. night shift. That gives him time to do feeding in the daylight before going home to sleep. But it is hard on sleeping habits.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
19 degrees in Lindale this morning. Trip killed my last chicken. Had 2 pet hens, old girls that didn't even lay any more. One turned up dead while I was gone, Robert fussed at Trip over it. He thought maybe it just up and died, but I suspected Trip. This morning Trip confirmed my suspicions. He is guarding his kill, I'm about to get dressed and go to Robert and Sharon's for coffee. I'll take a rolled up newspaper to slap Trip with as I take his kill away. He snarled at Robert, he has snarled and lunged at me before over the muscovy ducks I USED to have. I 4' pine branch took care of that and re-established me as leader of the pack. LOL And THIS is why Trip never is with the ewes and lambs. He sometimes watches the newborns too intently through the fence. They look too much like rabbits. Idiot dog.

Gonna drag myself to getting dressed, taking Trip's kill away from him, beating him off if necessary, and go have coffee. See y'all later!

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Clear and temperature in the 50-60s here. Hubby is taking out trees so we can decide where to install the chicken pen. I am going out to help him as soon as mom can get here to watch the munchkin.

We have two thornless honey locust and a hybrid poplar to plant in the area we are taking out the buckeyes. I need to take pics to put on my thread about creating a pasture. The ground is covered with miners lettuce and a few other types of green somethings. I don't know if any of the grass seed I put out in the fall actually made it, the wild turkeys and birds probably ate it all.

Latest posts