Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Slept until alarm at 7... Having coffee and contemplating what to work off my list. Need to clear that fence line I'll be replacing -- pull old off, cut/mow, pull/pound/move any t-posts needing it.... Not sure I want that much excitement today. 🤣🤣

Some breakfast should help motivate my energy👍

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
You could ask Santa for it! LOL The family got me a night sight binoculars/camera Christmas 2021. Really want to use it but can't figure it out - I am not sure it if it has a heat sensor on it for tracking. Maybe in Texas it will be useful - once I read through the 1000 pages of small print instructions. Here with all the brush the coyotes are able to hide easily. It is supposed to take night photos too. Wish I knew how to use it. :lol: I wonder how much game cameras cost?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got DS 4 game cameras at TSC on sale last year for around $100 for each 2 pack... had to buy batteries Iseparate... uses like AA or AAA so not anything extra special if I remember ... Not the best ones but not the bottom of the barrel either... If you spend $100 on one, they often will send info to your cell phone... my brother has a bunch on the place he owns in VT and some at his house and he goes on and checks them out all the time.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Where did the day go? I planted 12 tomato plants in ground to supplement 3 in the greenhouse. 4 hills of cucumbers, watered the melons and runner beans. I did no til because of my knee and I wanted some kind of a garden. This fall I’ll till in sheep manure and improve the sandy soil, fertility wise it’s ok but if it dries out it turns into concrete. I made solid progress on my Komondor/ Pyr’s coat so bath time is around the corner. My dirty birdies went to their outdoor digs yesterday. They did fine overnight. Those last couple of days in the brooder (100 gallon tub) about cures me of chickens but watching them enjoy the sunshine and doing chick yoga is worth it. Plus eggs this fall. Vladinia answered the phone a couple of times. Her health is “qvite good conseedering my age.” A mild blood disorder and an “drringkink problem that’s rreally of no consequence.” I actually got a couple of laughs.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Where did the day go? I planted 12 tomato plants in ground to supplement 3 in the greenhouse. 4 hills of cucumbers, watered the melons and runner beans. I did no til because of my knee and I wanted some kind of a garden. This fall I’ll till in sheep manure and improve the sandy soil, fertility wise it’s ok but if it dries out it turns into concrete. I made solid progress on my Komondor/ Pyr’s coat so bath time is around the corner. My dirty birdies went to their outdoor digs yesterday. They did fine overnight. Those last couple of days in the brooder (100 gallon tub) about cures me of chickens but watching them enjoy the sunshine and doing chick yoga is worth it. Plus eggs this fall. Vladinia answered the phone a couple of times. Her health is “qvite good conseedering my age.” A mild blood disorder and an “drringkink problem that’s rreally of no consequence.” I actually got a couple of laughs.
You got a lot done!

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Amazing! I did 5 alone in one afternoon once and thought it was SUCH a hard job. I'm terribly impressed.

edited to add : I turned on an audio book on my phone to keep me company and it was so hot that the phone shut down with a high temp warning.... NOT the best butchering conditions... at least THEY all got a nice long soak in the ice water cooler

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Butchering is hardest part, IMO. Yesterday I had a call asking if I sold goats, had any available, price AND did I butcher for them. Well, no to butcher and no to them doing here. They wanted for BBQ -- not heard back and that's fine. Offered the phone number for butcher facility😄. Around my area goat meat isn't easily found at a butcher shop or grocery. Even whole hog pig pickin' is a hard find.

We're having a cool week. Dry but hovering at 70 and aver is 80. Ok with me 🤷. Found rear hydraulics on my tractor not working yesterday, which screwed up my fence plans. Hope I can get it resolved soon and without some big bill. 🤔 Always something!

Latest posts