Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Deer are plentiful and WELL fed around my area. Guess I have a 10 acre food plot next door --- 50 more acres just behind me. Soybean & p-nuts a mile away, winter wheat soon and over 100 ac of hay within 1/2 mile. Plenty of woods and river. I'm telling you, this is grain fed venison around here!!🤣. It's nothing to see 20-30 in a herd at dusk. Farmers suffer but, it's life. They have hunt clubs, not enough. I will say these are beautiful deer.

So I've been busy at home. Chores in morning, milked, collected morning eggs, checked all water -- everyone on pasture & accounted for. Went to neighbors to pick figs -- her tree is full & they don't use. This variety ripens late, my friend in town ripens early & is done (I dehydrated those) I brought home a box full, prepped & left in pan while I took another gal to an appointment. Got home, cooked figs and just removed 5 pints of fig jam from WB canner...another 1/2 pint kept out to enjoy.😁. Then, added salt & 2 dz oldest eggs to that pot of boiling water -- chicken treats. Now I'm down to only 5 dz. Time to bestow some on DD. May make some egg salad, too. 🤷 I'm in the mood. ☺️

Too much milk again...soft farmer cheese & figs. Yum! Makes a fast breakfast with a toasted bagel. It's been a great day at home.😁

My neighbor says I can have that fig tree -- sure wish I could!!! Way too big to move ... Like 15 yr old. But I like it there, goats don't eat it.....🤣🤣🤣👍

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Deer are plentiful and WELL fed around my area. Guess I have a 10 acre food plot next door --- 50 more acres just behind me. Soybean & p-nuts a mile away, winter wheat soon and over 100 ac of hay within 1/2 mile. Plenty of woods and river. I'm telling you, this is grain fed venison around here!!🤣. It's nothing to see 20-30 in a herd at dusk. Farmers suffer but, it's life. They have hunt clubs, not enough. I will say these are beautiful deer.

So I've been busy at home. Chores in morning, milked, collected morning eggs, checked all water -- everyone on pasture & accounted for. Went to neighbors to pick figs -- her tree is full & they don't use. This variety ripens late, my friend in town ripens early & is done (I dehydrated those) I brought home a box full, prepped & left in pan while I took another gal to an appointment. Got home, cooked figs and just removed 5 pints of fig jam from WB canner...another 1/2 pint kept out to enjoy.😁. Then, added salt & 2 dz oldest eggs to that pot of boiling water -- chicken treats. Now I'm down to only 5 dz. Time to bestow some on DD. May make some egg salad, too. 🤷 I'm in the mood. ☺️

Too much milk again...soft farmer cheese & figs. Yum! Makes a fast breakfast with a toasted bagel. It's been a great day at home.😁

My neighbor says I can have that fig tree -- sure wish I could!!! Way too big to move ... Like 15 yr old. But I like it there, goats don't eat it.....🤣🤣🤣👍
Free some eggs for Christmas baking. 'Cuz we all know they go on strike and laugh when we have to buy eggs!

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Deer are a controversy at my house. We have resident herd of 6or 7 on our land. Hubbs is determined to shoot the buck. He’s a newly minted hunter (long story) and has a buddy who would like to hunt and shoot out here routinely. That’s a big ol belt fed Nope from me -the No Fun Allowed Wife. I just spent years next door to idiots with guns and fireworks. I grew up in the hunting culture. My father was a guide in the Rockies. I get it. But hunting our deer isn’t necessary at present. Gonna be an interesting fall. 🤦‍♀️

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve been barely functioning last few days and running on almost no sleep. First post I run across is @Mother Hen with this gem…” up at 3:45 took Savage potty” and my FIRST thought was TMI! 😂. Lord, THEN I remember “dog’s name! Dog’s name!!”OMG just shoot me now! 😝

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Deer are a controversy at my house. We have resident herd of 6or 7 on our land. Hubbs is determined to shoot the buck. He’s a newly minted hunter (long story) and has a buddy who would like to hunt and shoot out here routinely. That’s a big ol belt fed Nope from me -the No Fun Allowed Wife. I just spent years next door to idiots with guns and fireworks. I grew up in the hunting culture. My father was a guide in the Rockies. I get it. But hunting our deer isn’t necessary at present. Gonna be an interesting fall. 🤦‍♀️
How many acres do y’all have? Bullets cross fences. You might have to back Mr New Hunter down a notch.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How many acres do y’all have? Bullets cross fences. You might have to back Mr New Hunter down a notch.
I had neighbors who operated belt fed guns on ten acres. Law enforcement felt that since there was no physical damage I was a whining Karen. “I didn’t understand guns.
I took to wearing hunter orange t shirts in my pasture after a kid nearly dinged me.
I wish the acre rule had been enforced. I don’t want shooting on my land because my neighbors shoot briefly to site their weapons or like me to dispatch a critter. Only. Hubbs needs to get his buck someplace else. Those deer are healthy and should be a reservoir. If we needed it I’d shoot them myself. And yes I like to watch for them on my porch early with my coffee.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had neighbors who operated belt fed guns on ten acres. Law enforcement felt that since there was no physical damage I was a whining Karen. “I didn’t understand guns.
I took to wearing hunter orange t shirts in my pasture after a kid nearly dinged me.
I wish the acre rule had been enforced. I don’t want shooting on my land because my neighbors shoot briefly to site their weapons or like me to dispatch a critter. Only. Hubbs needs to get his buck someplace else. Those deer are healthy and should be a reservoir. If we needed it I’d shoot them myself. And yes I like to watch for them on my porch early with my coffee.
I’m in a thousand percent agreement with you!

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
fd7ea8ce54f251f8914ea3488a2f289e.jpg

Everything y'all need is right next to the coffee pot so brew a cup then let's join up on the patio to enjoy the 60 degree morning. Yup can tell Autumn is right around the corner so can't wait for the temps to get back to the high 60s and low 70s during the day. By this afternoon suppose to get up to 80+ (be closer to 90 by 5pm).