Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, thanks to @CLSranch info, I added the stuff for diesel to tractor gas tank (per amounts on label) and ran it for a while to circulate through. I plugged in the heat tapes fitted to water lines in barn. Yep ... Cold and windy all day today....BUT

weather people say to expect 17* tomorrow morn 😱🥶🥶🥶. I'm having a hard time hearing that! 😖

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, thanks to @CLSranch info, I added the stuff for diesel to tractor gas tank (per amounts on label) and ran it for a while to circulate through. I plugged in the heat tapes fitted to water lines in barn. Yep ... Cold and windy all day today....BUT

weather people say to expect 17* tomorrow morn 😱🥶🥶🥶. I'm having a hard time hearing that! 😖

17 degrees! You have my full sympathy!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Close! Got to 18....going 40-42 today. 😳 20 tonight.

Crazy!!! Tomorrow 55...inching up to 60s for rest of week. This is pneumonia weather with the dramatic changes. Well, it is what it is! I can just complain -- which I'm doing 🤣 -- while anxiously awaiting the warm up to normal. We southerners don't want or expect "cold". Northerners delight in cold. 🥰

Not rushing out -- goats are still laying in their barns. Good! Fed extra hay at dusk for all. I'm dressed in layers for just inside. Heater is on. Coffee hot.

Speaking of my coffee -- it's a nice Sumatra and my sole enjoyment this morning. 😂 Help yourself to some! It's perfect today👍 I did good. Thinking leftover supper for breakfast -- ham & boiled potatoes. Yum. Heat & eat.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee @Mini Horses and I’m glad it’s warming up for you. It’s warming up here too. Lows have been in the 30’s, going to be lows in the 50’s for the next 3 nights, then the 40’s. Highs in the 50’s and 60’s for next 10 days. I’ll take it! Thursday will be 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch of rain. I’d better get my flatbed trailer out of the back field. Truck is a 2004 3/4 ton diesel, now I wish it was a 4WD. I couldn’t see 20 years into the future that I’d be living on a dirt/rock road. Road gets sloppy, truck slides. Makes me real uneasy. Mud doggin’ ain’t my thing. Car is too low slung to clear mud hump between the ruts, so I put one side in the rut, other side on the hump, slinging mud. It gets real interesting. Usually I just stay home, but got a Dr appointment Thursday morning. Oh joy.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
We made it home last night. Fen actually had a great time at my son’s. There is a small park there we had to ourselves everyday and he loved running, sniffing and tearing up palm tree shedded stuff while I tried to get read my book. He just made himself a total hemorrhoid every morning. Glad to be home where he can let himself outside, although it wasn’t for lack of trying down there

IMG_6115.jpeg

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
no assigned reps and seeing a huge stack of jobs, undone. Yep, either they can't hire enough people or the new hires quit. So, we long-termers get sent in to "catch them up". We third party companies do a huge amount of the stock & reset work in retail stores. The retailers can't hire dependable either. It's a real problem -- no one wants to work!!! Internet, from home only, has spoiled society
You have my sympathy. I spent many years working for a certain retailer. This was my experience. Nearly all the floor people were part timers with no opportunity for advancement. Hours were manipulated to curtail insurance and other benefits. Most of the tasks were physically demanding and tied to a strict timetable. A few years ago the corporation decided to end the after hours shifts. The nuts and bolts unload/stocking/planogram had to happen while the store was open. Simultaneously over one third of the employees were eliminated. Their jobs remained and were reassigned to people who already had too much to do. These days when a store is a mess it’s often the result of horrible corporate decisions. I agree lots of people don’t have much work ethic. But the policies of the corporations make a huge difference.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Skiesblue Agree!!! Corporate creates problems. I see overstock, continually shipped -- not what's sold out. They create thousands of warehouses across the country. Yes, hours decline, increased demands, moral poor, all those things. It's a shame really. I would never work for this large chain itself -- see too much as a vendor type. 🙁