Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well our predicted noon rain came early. Washed out half the herding lessons. It's not a down pour but the heavy misty drizzle - soaking style. Got everyone all put away Obi and I were quite wet ;) -- in the warm dry house for lunch. Hope that "rain" keeps coming like that all day. Watch - the sun will be out in an hour.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Worked outside most of day. Having frozen pizza (Alfredo/spinach) and Rose wine -- earned it!! Winterized barn, all window areas covered with 8ply vinyl. Replaced a 3X12 tin panel on roof....just me and tractor! Good thing I climbed trees as a youngster.🤣 Did a lot of climbing today! But I feel 👍 Glad it's done!! 🤣 Nice 57* out today👍 I had job work to do -- ignored it. I'll hustle tomorrow to get it done 🤷. Needed farm work done...so I thought and so I know.

All I can say -- watch out for old ladies!! 🤣🤣

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wide awake at 3 AM. Sucks. Way to go @Mini Horses good job on the roof tin! Plastic over windows, ought to be snug and warm for the winter.

I bought two 50# sacks of rye grass yesterday to sow on the newly bulldozed ground. Need to get something growing there so it doesn’t wash out. Bulldozer man supposed to come back today and smooth it out. Then naturally there’s no rain in the 10 day forecast. WTH I’ll throw the seed out there anyway.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Close to dark when I got things " put away" from the barn work but, took pic this morn....the roof edge is 10' up. I leaned the sheet of tin on it, brought tractor up and put bottom into FEL, then lifted tin, moved forward and climbed into FEL to push on up. Had to use the ladder to climb up after, onto roof. See that bright color? Maybe monkey in my DNA. 🤣

Stapling the vinyl only took a tall ladder, as the top of the strip is 8' up. Whew, glad it's done! Still have to vinyl the south end of barn...each side of doors, so two 10' sections. Got late, couldn't finish that. 😁

IMG_20231201_070503053_HDR~2.jpg

Today, my employer would like me to go to work🤣🤣. Surely will be less fun than this. Only short ladders & small shelves to move...😂

Coffee & chores. While things were warm I made sure all water troughs were full, as it was low 20s last night. Not that low rest of week👏👍

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Close to dark when I got things " put away" from the barn work but, took pic this morn....the roof edge is 10' up. I leaned the sheet of tin on it, brought tractor up and put bottom into FEL, then lifted tin, moved forward and climbed into FEL to push on up. Had to use the ladder to climb up after, onto roof. See that bright color? Maybe monkey in my DNA. 🤣

Stapling the vinyl only took a tall ladder, as the top of the strip is 8' up. Whew, glad it's done! Still have to vinyl the south end of barn...each side of doors, so two 10' sections. Got late, couldn't finish that. 😁

View attachment 102996.

Today, my employer would like me to go to work🤣🤣. Surely will be less fun than this. Only short ladders & small shelves to move...😂

Coffee & chores. While things were warm I made sure all water troughs were full, as it was low 20s last night. Not that low rest of week👏👍
WOW!!! Very cool - well done!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kid 4 started my car for me...

Usually kid 5 does it.

Kid 4 forgot to scrape the ice off the headlights.

I did a decent enough job... but didn't have the time to do a good job... since I didn't expect to have to do it.

My shoulder is getting better though. Very nice. Less pain, and more movement.