Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Busy day today headed out at O:Dark:30 - to judge a Scentwork (detection) trial. Sat on the freeway “parked” for 45 min with no movement! Bad crash. Duh - said to myself minutes earlier ‘it’s early I don’t need to use the express / carpool lane. Oops! Judged all day home at almost 6. Tomorrow a repeat hopefully w/o a crash.
Got a text from DH about feeding the sheep. Seems they decided to eat like pigs! 🤣 basically got a full set of extra rations. Duh - of course - they didn’t go out grazing in the morning! I guess it does make a difference and isn’t just a snack.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last week at this time I was waking to 20s...it's 65 this morn. 😳🥰🤷 More roller coaster but, I'm sure fine with this side of it. 👍. Having my coffee, my TV church is over, ready for what the day brings. Just some small things I want to do today -- not trying to work real hard. I have another heavy work week starting tomorrow, so a restful day, light chores & some "cook for the week" plans.🤣

It's wet out -- two days of overcast & off/on drizzles. I would have liked to paint today -- that's a no go! 🫤. No doubt, as I move around out there, other needs will show up. Maybe I'll work on some fence posts -- wet ground should make that easier, to pound or pull. I'll tractor on out to look for salvage ones. 🤔

Another cup of fresh brew and get a plan in action. DD is home from work with flu, I'll check on her, take some food, drinks, etc....be sure she's ok. It's gonna run it's course, fever broke & she's on uphill. 😍

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Monday morning, coffee is ready. One of my neighbors, Chase, has done so much to help me. Several months ago I gave him 2 older ewes, ages 5 and 6. Eve and Lucy, both sired by that black head Dorper ram I had and daughters of Miranda. I have daughters from both and I wanted them to have good homes, as they are big pets. I bred them to Cooper for him. Saturday Lucy had triplets, all healthy. One solid chocolate ewe, one light reddish ewe and one chocolate ram with white legs. The family is thrilled. Eve is due December 17 and will definitely have twins. I also gave them a crooked legged bottle ewe lamb last January. I was going on vacation. I explained how to gently stretch her legs and now she is a beautiful ewe. I showed him how to castrate a ram lamb and when weaned, the wether went to be the little ewes companion, plus he has a chocolate ram born in June. Our joke is that he works for sheep. So now he has 5 ewes and waiting anxiously on Eve!

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
So awesome about the ewes you gave your neighbor! I had a sweet dorper ewe that had triplets every year!! Mr Potamus would be so excited to tell me, you would think he sired them!😂
I sadly had to leave her behind in California 😞

74581312-B133-44C9-89B4-B609AA356E4B.jpeg

If Randy isn’t pulling my leg, we should have new stove AND new washer/dryer today. They figured the dryer is about to go out too as nothing lasts around here. Hopefully Fen can get in dryer easily to reach socks, skivvies etc that I can’t. We took Heathen with us when we bought the last one just to male sure, and it was on our dime. The ranch is paying this time. Cody has been bringing
meals everyday for us, which is really unnecessary but so thoughtful. He’s taking over management from his dad, I think. He and his wife and new son have the big 5 bedroom house his grandparents used to live in. He and his identical triplet brother are really great guys.

I still gotta make my own coffee 😂 Hopefully today will be a better day and I’m able to make some 😊

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
@peteyfoozer
What a beautiful picture. I took up sheep later in life and the dog sheep bond is always a wonder. Thank you for sharing and I hope your appliance wrangle goes well.
@ Alaskan
I seem to have misplaced an entire afternoon today I wish I had something to show for it except sore feet. :barnie
And I heard a new Southern ? expression.
Dumb enough to be twins. 🤣🤣

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I’m out of cream, been trying to tough it out for over a week. I drank black coffee most of my life, then derailed onto cream in my coffee. This morning I put milk in my coffee and maple syrup. It’s good, but it’s not cream. And that was the last of the milk. Guess I’m gonna have to break down and go to the store.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Morning all!
I'm making today a day for pampering (Mani/Pedi) myself seeing how the next few weeks leading up to Christmas is going to be mighty mighty busy for FH and I beginning tomorrow night (employer Holiday Party). The other day I sent that stack out and still have a few more Save the Date cards to go out then they'll be done and next thing have to work on is getting the invites/RSVP cards ordered and mailed out but I was smart kept the list of addresses so it will be easier when it's time for invites and RSVP cards to go out.
1701789151348.png

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Howdy all! It's like kinda warm here, not freezing exactly, and the grass isn't moving as much as normal this week. Typical stuff happening here, busy as always, and trying to get ready to visit my grandparents this weekend and run an ultra marathon.
Y'all have a blessed day.