Coffee anyone ?

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Warm here too, temperatures up in the high 40's, feels like spring in the air. Get to put back together my military truck after ripping it apart to replace cover gasket that blew on the air compressor, from looks of it, it needs new top cover/rebuild kit. Will blow again in the future, but for now time is out I need to go and get my bacon seeds, no one can deliver them up here without major costs that are cost prohibitive. Being a diesel mechanic sure helps keep costs down on a ranch with welding/fabrication skills.
IMG_20240220_155540_00_646.jpg
IMG_20240220_155517_00_645.jpg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally a break in the rain and snow.. still gusting...

Youngest put on a harness and climbed up on the roof... to do the job of the chimney guy. :rolleyes:

He (child) says he doesn't think it was a chimney fire... just looks like the chimney got too clogged up ... the new EPA wood stove we got this fall is the culprit... the smoke it sends out is so much cooler, that it then cools down too fast in the stack... and deposits more creosote than we are used to.

Yeah... this (toss kid on roof) was my plan... but spouse was home when all the smoke happened and freaked.

Whatever... soon everything will be put back together.