Coffee anyone ?

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nobody wants to find out they were wrong or been fooled. Another quote from I can't remember who.
"It's easier to fool someone than it is to convince them that you fooled them".
Mark Twain
Morning, day 23 of the duck eggs in the first incubator and they are starting to move around on their own. So far out of 30 eggs 28 are still going, two of them stop growing. As for incubator two on day 13 and they are all still alive of the 22 of them I put in there, 4 out of 5 goose eggs that are on day 13 are still growing, the other 5 goose eggs are only 5 days in and should be starting to show life.
Should finish building out another incubator from a fridge and this one is going to hold 120 plus birds.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
That aught to be enough to get started. .
Screenshot_20240304_084959_Chrome.jpg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
@canesisters I think it’s going to take me at least that much.

I’ve got the wobbles this morning and crashed into the wall after Fen made me get up. I have NO idea why I am getting up at the buutcrack of dawn. He doesn’t want to eat, he just leads me to the living room and stares at me. He doesn’t want me to unlock the door so he can go outside. We did 1 “happy hiney dance”. we played “do this” using Boone’s kibble (a forbidden treat Fen has been lusting after) then he stares. He gives me mind reading credit I do not deserve.
I finally insist he goes outside but of course he wakes up the Tater, and they come inside and chaos ensues…to heck with the coffee. Gimme a 6 pk of that Cutwater stuff!!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning, rolls in the oven, coffee at hand.
Had a great day yesterday (even if it rained and target shooting was shot down). Had DS and DDIL over for dinner. Called it Ranch dinner - salad from the garden, veggies from the garden (peas and eggplant), main course - leg of lamb (from our lamb all herbs from the yard), and desert lemon curd (eggs from our chooks, lemons from our tree).
The leg of lamb was oh so good - and I used the leg of lamb recipe from the board here. SO SO GOOOD.
Raining again here, have a good one everyone.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m salivating! We haven’t had lamb since 2018 when he made me leave my sheep in California. God I miss them and replacing them will cost my firstborn son…but he hasn’t talked to me since he got married…it might be worth considering…we are still getting snow. The garden is just a memory.
Someone down south want to adopt a really old lady?

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, was gonna get him to help me work sheep, just having someone standing outside the chute to hand me stuff without me having to crawl out to get it, is a great help. Oh well. I made brownies last night. I’ll wrap them up and take them to him.
Setup a folding table next to chute or hanging mineral bin on side? That is what I did for tagging. It worked good except for relying on phone to check who needed which tag.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Setup a folding table next to chute or hanging mineral bin on side? That is what I did for tagging. It worked good except for relying on phone to check who needed which tag.
I do same thing - I hang a milk crate on the outside with all the "goodies" for whatever I'm doing, and a table for all the other "might need these".

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's raining. I'm just bored! 2nd load of laundry into dryer. DW ready to empty now. 1/2 pot coffee down 😵‍💫. I'm online.....trouble.....temptations are there

2 beautiful ND does, fresh kidded, big udders 🤪
NO! DON'T need....have 9 milk does in milk 😵‍💫

Topsoil -- Tempting to fill containers 🤪
NO! I have 15 acres...lovely topsoil. Dig! 😵‍💫

Grow lights -- geesh, expensive! 🤪
NO! USE what's already here! 😵‍💫

I need to DO something. 🤣🤣 Ahhh, make bread.👍

Maybe the Internet will go out. It's a cold, light, steady rain.