Coffee anyone ?

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Glad I don't watch TV, I get enough news just being online as it's shoved in everyone's face somehow, someway. Some are already in cattle cars metaphorically and don't know it, don't believe me, watch what happens when the next influx of prices hits or pandemic hits or whatever major comes along, society gets scared and shifts to what they deem as safety for giving up a bit of freedom.
Most are 3 meals from total anarchy.

Yesterday's digging didn't go so well, get about 15' down and clunk. Tried 5 times, hit what I presume a layer of sandstone/rock. Though I did find abundant supply of sand I need for septic leach field and what have you in one spot. It's not over yet, I have yet to crank up the big boy to dig down, lets see how well it fares against 60k pound machine with set of rippers.
KIMG01188.jpg
KIMG01177.jpg
Axle removed.jpeg

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think rural people in general and farm and ranch producers have finally fallen into the crosshairs. We are far more in touch with nature and its undeniable realities. We have to be. We are more spiritual because we live lives that put us (and keep us) in touch with our Creator. We value individualism, work, fairness and honesty. This angers those who wish to fashion a civilization bereft of those values. The next few years will see about half the country upset about who ever becomes president. I hope it can heal but I’m pessimistic.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think rural people in general and farm and ranch producers have finally fallen into the crosshairs. We are far more in touch with nature and its undeniable realities. We have to be. We are more spiritual because we live lives that put us (and keep us) in touch with our Creator. We value individualism, work, fairness and honesty. This angers those who wish to fashion a civilization bereft of those values. The next few years will see about half the country upset about who ever becomes president. I hope it can heal but I’m pessimistic.
You have hit the nail on the head.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks. I used to be a (Gulp) liberal. Then I saw the light. I hope others can too. It takes a lot of soul searching to admit much of what you believed and believed in was wrong. Not a little bit wrong but Big, Honking Wrong. :oops:

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Being up too early, I came across this....don't mean/want to cause any controversy but some of the comments FOLLOWING the article are pretty thought provoking. I liked one that suggested since NY was suing over cattle emissions, that they don't provide ANY beef or cattle products (dairy) to them for a while -- see if they still feel the same 🤣

I am concerned for farming in this country....

Today should be very warm, some cloud but no rain! 👍 Sounds perfect. We're really wet deep down right now and a few days of this would sure work for me. 😁
I am just as concerned. And I may be crazy but I honestly don’t think all of the grower and processing plants burning down the past 2 years is coincidence. And I had family in Maui with a home and a business in LaHaina. They don’t believe in coincidence anymore either

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wanna share that recipe? I LOVE custard! So glad we finally have laying hens and an LGD to keep the !&@# coons from slaughtering them again.
Has anyone here tried glassing eggs?
I filled three 1/2gal jars with eggs... I think I got 15-18 or so in each jar. Have been scared to try them..(a year this past Dec.. I think) Then I noticed that 2 look cloudy & spotted cracks in 1 of the the bottom layer in each jar. I think it would work great in smaller jars?? Or if you can manage to get them all in there standing in end instead of laying on their sides.
I wonder if you could stand each layer in a little bed of lime.... cover with water, add another layer of lime, more eggs, cover in water.. so they are nested standing up right.... 🤔
Can you use too much lime? How could that hurt?🤔