Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you. Check out the chicks.
IMG_6797.jpeg

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love the bacon seeds in the hay. HA -- out on the excavator - definitely a relaxing thing - like me on the tractor. But 10-30' for water - sweet. A lot deeper here with luck. Neighboring avo farmer is drilling out his - the last owner dropped the pump o_O they've been working on it for 5 days now to get it out - and yeah a new pumpto go in of course.
PS -- you remind me of the guys on Gold Rush.
I forgot to mention I don't watch TV so I have no clue, last I recalled from TV shows of 24 plus years ago it was always about the drama anyway they could muster it up.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I don't watch TV so I have no clue, last I recalled from TV shows of 24 plus years ago it was always about the drama anyway they could muster it up.
Gold Rush - follows 3 different gold miners in Alaska and the Yukon. Real not fake. Running excavators, dozers (D10’s etc) and all sorts of other big equipment.
😊 just so you know what I was referring to.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
….her boyfriend had driven into soft yard off driveway (😵‍💫😡🤪why??) And spun until axle deep -- we had huge rains and this is lower end of farm, WET!! -- then took her truck thinking he could push the car out 😳😞, got it stuck.
This made me LOL because of a memory…years ago when my boys were in high school we lived on family ranch up the canyon on top of the mountain in Tehachapi. We had a very heavy snow and my oldest boy decided to use his little Nissan p/u to feed cattle. Of course he got it stuck, so he snuk in and borrowed the keys to my 4WD f-250 to pull it out. After sinking THAT in a drift he came after our small tractor and yeah…

he came in the Big House, not saying a word. I woke up and made breakfast and the boys went quail hunting. Around noon it was still snowing but I decided to go see if the county had plowed up to the park, so I could make the 7 mi down the canyon to get to town for groceries.
No keys… No truck…I looked down the hill from the house and saw every single vehicle, tractors and his little truck surrounded by cows eating out of the bed, everything but the girl’s bikes buried down across the creek. I saddled up and rode my gelding 3 mi up the dirt road to our neighbor, who laughed himself silly a couple days later when the storm passed and he brought his big excavator down to pull out all our vehicles. We never let that boy live it down, reminding him if you are in really deep sh*t you don’t just keep digging!! :lol:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Being up too early, I came across this....don't mean/want to cause any controversy but some of the comments FOLLOWING the article are pretty thought provoking. I liked one that suggested since NY was suing over cattle emissions, that they don't provide ANY beef or cattle products (dairy) to them for a while -- see if they still feel the same 🤣

I am concerned for farming in this country....

Today should be very warm, some cloud but no rain! 👍 Sounds perfect. We're really wet deep down right now and a few days of this would sure work for me. 😁

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Margali WHEW! That was a close one!
@Sequestered Ridge Ranch pigs will make a nest and huddle together to stay warm. I had a pet potbelly pig that pushed up leaves and made her nest under the dryer vent. On cold nights I turned the dryer on for 30 minutes and got her all toasty warm. Hey, you make me want an excavator.
@Mini Horses dumb boyfriend! Look out! Here comes Grandma to the rescue! Hahaha!
@Skiesblue coop looks fantastic!
@peteyfoozer dogs have a great life with you. I’m glad you have them both and they are figuring it out.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Being up too early, I came across this....don't mean/want to cause any controversy but some of the comments FOLLOWING the article are pretty thought provoking. I liked one that suggested since NY was suing over cattle emissions, that they don't provide ANY beef or cattle products (dairy) to them for a while -- see if they still feel the same 🤣

I am concerned for farming in this country....

Today should be very warm, some cloud but no rain! 👍 Sounds perfect. We're really wet deep down right now and a few days of this would sure work for me. 😁

I read that. I like the idea of not sending any farm products to NYC. My own sister watches mainstream media and is against cattle. F’ing IDIOT! I love her dearly but how can she be so STUPID?? Ha! The same way all the other lemmings in this country are so stupid. I ask her how come the BILLIONS of Buffalo and other ruminants like deer, roaming this country before the white man got here, didn’t cause global warming? And we are going to blame it on cattle? The scary part is there are millions and millions of people just as ignorant as she is, firmly entrenched in their own stupidity and refusal to entertain the idea that they are being spoon fed by elites that want complete control of the entire world. AAARRRGGGHHH!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This whole ball of crap going on makes me so much more entrenched in maintaining, improving, my own food production efforts. All of it. 🫤
Yup. But someday even that won’t be good enough. If the evil wins, they will come for the farmers and homesteaders to drag us off our land and put us in cities, (concentration camps) for our own good. If I’m still kicking when that day comes, all I got to say is, I won’t be taking a ride in a cattle car. Remember the Alamo.