Coffee anyone ?

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I got an idea, how about I turn my package mailbox into a egg stand, seriously. Put eggs in it and tell them to drop the money off in the mailbox that's a locked mailbox. Thing measures about 24 inches in diameter and 30 inches long.
Package box 11.jpeg

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got an idea, how about I turn my package mailbox into a egg stand, seriously. Put eggs in it and tell them to drop the money off in the mailbox that's a locked.
I like it! Unless they get out cutting torch, all you will loose is eggs you stocked that day to a robber. That's always my worry about a honor system stand.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I like it! Unless they get out cutting torch, all you will loose is eggs you stocked that day to a robber. That's always my worry about a honor system stand.
Out here, they don't deliver packages up here, they drop them off at the mailbox whether they fit or not, you have a package box or not and no one touches them. Break into a mailbox and that's a felony for starters, is it worth the 5, 10 or 15 bucks in there? If so, do me favor and smile for the camera so I can have a mug shot to shoot at later for target practice, don't worry the local sheriff will get them one too.

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Out here, they don't deliver packages up here, they drop them off at the mailbox whether they fit or not, you have a package box or not and no one touches them. Break into a mailbox and that's a felony for starters
We're not that far out, though far enough to not have to deal with the crazies --- except when they decide to come up and mailbox smash. Sad, but true, nothing happens to them even red handed (or boxed ;) ) - any packages here don't get delivered you get a pick up slip and have to trek to the PO. Mailbox is a mile away, PO 10 miles of very cury roads. Yeah - it's a leftist almost commie state. o_O
Though - there are a few honor veggie stands and a neighbor puts veggie and citrus in a "free" share basket (but then we're all a ways down a very potholed dirt road.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We're not that far out, though far enough to not have to deal with the crazies --- except when they decide to come up and mailbox smash. Sad, but true, nothing happens to them even red handed (or boxed ;) ) - any packages here don't get delivered you get a pick up slip and have to trek to the PO. Mailbox is a mile away, PO 10 miles of very cury roads. Yeah - it's a leftist almost commie state. o_O
Though - there are a few honor veggie stands and a neighbor puts veggie and citrus in a "free" share basket (but then we're all a ways down a very potholed dirt road.
Mess with this box as such and I got somewhere down the main road that I know someone would love to watch it. Good friend of ours that lives about 10 miles from me I can put it by his house and Pooch's brother can watch it too. Yes Pooch has a brother out here as they went and got one too.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Going to dump a bucket or two of dirt in front yard to make pad for chicken tractor. Won’t be able to move it to fresh grass, but if it rains, which it will, the dirty birdies won’t be standing in water. I’ll just pack it with pine shavings and do the best I can for them. That comes first. Dirty birdies come off the porch today.