Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
This will be a busy day, made even moreso by my decision to stay home and "farm" yesterday! 🫣 But it's all good -- I'll shuffle along, juggle some more time. Hey, a farm takes time to do.

So last night I saw they are planning to convert a huge number of broiler houses to egg houses. That Tyson closure here in VA. The farmers got together, formed a co-op, State ag helped and they formed a deal with large egg distributor. 🎉. Costly to farmers to convert houses but, keeps them in business! VA state providing almost 2mil to buy chickens & feed until they're laying...distributor will build a handling location on East coast. They have large one IL or IN now.🤷👍

Keep your laying hens guys, those eggs will be store costly! I'm thrilled for the farmers but when I think of eggs laid in VA, going several states away to be washed, packaged, transport back for sale 🥴🤪 ya gotta figure travel $ alone is big. Plus, mine are only a day old🤣 without the vacation time.

The TX wildfire -- ya know huge ag losses there. We are all going to be GLAD to have our own livestock & gardens. Add in the extremes of world shipping grains, etc. Hang on to your wallet! Hope your pastures do well, plan for animal feeds, too. This will get tough as we move along. May not be SHTF time but it's gonna be rocky!

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all!
Sitting in the airport with my coffee now.
Got a couple hours of traveling ahead, headed to the east coast for a marathon/ quick weekend trip.
Should be a fun one!
Yall have a beautiful day, thoughts and prayers to everyone effected in Texas.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses hadn't heard about the poultry conversion... any chance it is with Rosedale Farms? They have a big layer operation, I think it is in Indiana... My custard recipe is from their "cookbook"... was printed on their egg carton I got somewhere...

Wildfires, especially the Smokehouse Creek fire, in Texas, are so terrible. Livestock losses are going to be beyond belief... Cannot imagine the size of it at over 1 MILLION acres scorched.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Mini Horses hadn't heard about the poultry conversion... any chance it is with Rosedale Farms? They have a big layer operation, I think it is in Indiana... My custard recipe is from their "cookbook"... was printed on their egg carton I got somewhere...

Wildfires, especially the Smokehouse Creek fire, in Texas, are so terrible. Livestock losses are going to be beyond belief... Cannot imagine the size of it at over 1 MILLION acres scorched.
https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-new...virginia-poultry-cooperative-deal-feb-28-2024

Sore from yesterdays fun of wrestling pigs, I don't know which one is more of workout, wrestling gators or wrestling pigs? Going to release them today as I get last strand of hot wire up, two strands. One shoulder height and other down low to prevent going underneath. I just used barbless wire for the hot wire, already had it on hand.

Morning all!
Sitting in the airport with my coffee now.
Got a couple hours of traveling ahead, headed to the east coast for a marathon/ quick weekend trip.
Should be a fun one!
Yall have a beautiful day, thoughts and prayers to everyone effected in Texas.
I use to run, back in my service days I was sub 10 minute two miles and ran 15 mile marathons for the yearly competitions between military bases. That was then, one of the tours overseas ended that.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wanna share that recipe? I LOVE custard! So glad we finally have laying hens and an LGD to keep the !&@# coons from slaughtering them again.
Has anyone here tried glassing eggs?

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wanna share that recipe? I LOVE custard! So glad we finally have laying hens and an LGD to keep the !&@# coons from slaughtering them again.
Has anyone here tried glassing eggs?
Never heard of it till now. Hmm I will try it. Since our ducks started laying eggs, only time they ever stopped was when temperatures drop down to -40°F, at least 3 eggs a day even in sub zero temperatures

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some rather interesting weather we got to drive home in last night (mind you, there is no cell service the entire 4 hr so if you wreck, you are on your own) Randy stopped at the last station and got me a can of “Cutwater” canned pina colada. 13% alcohol. Idk if that’s a little or a lot but after 1/2 can I was sh*tfaced and totally unworried about the trip. Even face planted while using my cellphone light to look for my good earbuds the wind blew out of my ears while taking Boone for a relief “walkie” 🤣 Rum in it kicks like a mule! Highly recommend it over Xanax if you are prone to panic attacks 😂

IMG_7678.jpeg

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Some rather interesting weather we got to drive home in last night (mind you, there is no cell service the entire 4 hr so if you wreck, you are on your own) Randy stopped at the last station and got me a can of “Cutwater” canned pina colada. 13% alcohol. Idk if that’s a little or a lot but after 1/2 can I was sh*tfaced and totally unworried about the trip. Even face planted while using my cellphone light to look for my good earbuds the wind blew out of my ears while taking Boone for a relief “walkie” 🤣 Rum in it kicks like a mule! Highly recommend it iver Canax if you are probe to panic attacks 😂

View attachment 105185
Sounds like out here, no cell phone signal once you leave the interstate for about a hour. Only cell phone signal is from a booster antenna up in a tree pointed at the tower.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan taping the sheetrock is necessary because there are gaps between the pieces, where they meet up is often uneven, as there is no perfectly straight lumber. Fill gaps with a fast 90 minute to dry compound, that takes 2 days to dry because this is humid East Texas. Then using putty knife to slather on mud so the tape will stick, apply tape and slather on more mud to cover, then scrape most of it off in futile efforts to get it smooth. At least that’s how I do it.

These talking ads are driving me nuts and this one is yelling at me in Spanish, loud music included. Then it starts over. Can’t silence it or X it out to close it . I HATE THEM!