Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Stopped at Tractor Supply just now during lunch time to look at some chicks. They didn't have much, only some "Production Red" chicks left and some ducklings. They said will be getting in more tomorrow but don't know what breed. And I have to buy a minimum of 6. I don't really want that many. So I'm contemplating if I should spend more money (in chicks and $35 shipping) to buy online so I can get what I want, specific breeds. Or spend lesser $$ and just get some from Tractor Supply.
Do you have a Front Porch Forum there? You could post looking for someone to split with.

Woke up and have three in the bator. One is one of my turkeys!!!!!
What? You went to bed instead of staying up staring at the incubator all night??

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You have quails too?
We have a bunch. Chickens, ducks, quail, pheasants, rabbits, a pair of Nubians, a pair of pot bellied, and our horse. Trying to get turkeys going....

Stopped at Tractor Supply just now during lunch time to look at some chicks. They didn't have much, only some "Production Red" chicks left and some ducklings. They said will be getting in more tomorrow but don't know what breed. And I have to buy a minimum of 6. I don't really want that many. So I'm contemplating if I should spend more money (in chicks and $35 shipping) to buy online so I can get what I want, specific breeds. Or spend lesser $$ and just get some from Tractor Supply.
What kind are you looking for?

Do you have a Front Porch Forum there? You could post looking for someone to split with.

What? You went to bed instead of staying up staring at the incubator all night??
I tried. Nothing was happening and I ended up dozing off.... Missed a bunch...

She's not getting "Mother of the Year" award for sure for not staying up!!! :lol::lol::lol:
Hey now! I did try. And I was up off and on all night last night. So far I have three quail, the turkey, two Ameracaunas with one on the way out, a Chocolate and a Jubilee/Chocolate cross!

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ever seen a hamster cuddle?..... This is Norman, our oldest son's pet.... But he favors mom!:lol: and Norman and Shasta hanging out. She is from the broodies, would have died but I quickly got her into the bator to finish. She was late hatching and the momma's were off with the others. She is now happily back with her siblings and moms.....
IMG_20180808_101630.jpg
IMG_20180808_101807.jpg
IMG_20180807_104120.jpg

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning y'all. Coffee is on.

We have a bunch. Chickens, ducks, quail, pheasants, rabbits, a pair of Nubians, a pair of pot bellied, and our horse. Trying to get turkeys going....
Looking forward to your "turkey" adventure!

What kind are you looking for?
All of them? lol. I want at least one that lays white eggs (looking at Leghorn), one that lays chocolate eggs (Cuckoo Maran) and I really want another that lays green eggs. DS wants a Columbian Wyandotte.

I tried. Nothing was happening and I ended up dozing off.... Missed a bunch...
See? See what happened when you weren't there? You missed that "special moment". :lol:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
haha this is so true. I wake up at 5:30 to be out the door by 6 to start chores. By the time feeding, milking, filling waterers and sending out to pasture along with the same for the poultry I’m pushing to get to work by 9

I had 3 days in a row this week that required me to be there @8 !! WOW...tough and bad. It's why I'm trying to stop most off farm work next year. Just too much rush, rush, rush. It would help if bills stopped rolling in or cars/trucks, fences, etc. stopped needing repair! :lol: Dream on.

Today don't have to work until noon. Nice.

Having my coffee and catching up on threads. Would sure love one of the blueberry muffins. SIGH. None here.

Alaskan....you can get shots of high strength coffee in small containers. Couple ounces. That could work. Alas, not as crushable as a bar but...taste?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whew! We have been busy! The 3 grands went home Tuesday night. I picked peas until dark, got a couple pounds of shelled peas, back at it yesterday morning. Picked another washpan yesterday evening, after it cooled off. Got 1 and 1/2 bushels in the refrigerator. Have several people wanting shelled purple hull peas for $35 a bushel. Going to deliver this afternoon, then go to Outback Steakhouse! Haha We peaed outside, we peaed in our recliners, we peaed on the floor...….need to sweep!

Got to go water the corn, it looks ready to pick. I'll pick some to check, take a few ears to a neighbor. Gave a couple of watermelons to our hay guy yesterday.

Trip, our male GP was peering in the window from the front porch this morning. I felt something wrong, so checked on him. He was limping on his front leg. Probably copperhead bite. I gave him baby aspirin, a benedryl and arnicare pills. He is stretched out sleeping now. At 11:00 he gets another dose.

I need to heat up my coffee, it got cold. I have 113 alerts! I need to catch up, haven't been able to hang out on BYH the past few days......

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had 3 days in a row this week that required me to be there @8 !! WOW...tough and bad. It's why I'm trying to stop most off farm work next year. Just too much rush, rush, rush. It would help if bills stopped rolling in or cars/trucks, fences, etc. stopped needing repair! :lol: Dream on.
Today don't have to work until noon. Nice.

Don't we all wish the bills will stop coming in!

Trip, our male GP was peering in the window from the front porch this morning. I felt something wrong, so checked on him. He was limping on his front leg. Probably copperhead bite. I gave him baby aspirin, a benedryl and arnicare pills. He is stretched out sleeping now. At 11:00 he gets another dose.
Hope Trip gets better soon!